Dawn Owners Suites--Who's Stayed in One?

greenie

For those of you who have stayed in 9506 or will stay in 9506 on the DAWN I want to let you know that is still in good shape. I made sure of it when I got off of the DAWN this past 'Sunday.

CTBarb- It is ready and waiting for you.

Leona

Leona,

Glad to hear that since I would love to be back in 9506 again someday. I did go down to the 9th floor when we were on before you to see if our old room stewards, Irene and Gene were still there. They had both left the Dawn though.

I sure did miss 9506, but glad you had the chance to be spoiled! :D

Jackie

For those of you who have stayed in 9506 or will stay in 9506 on the DAWN I want to let you know that is still in good shape. I made sure of it when I got off of the DAWN this past 'Sunday.

CTBarb- It is ready and waiting for you.

Leona

Thanks, Leona! (Well, there goes my anonymity ;) )

Yes, DH & I are going "home" to 9506.

In turn, I'll take care of the 5th Avenue Suite for Mary Alice (aka cruise mouse). I saw somewhere on the board that she will be in 9506 on the 1/7/07 cruise.

I promise that I won't leave it "messy" as shown in my pics!:eek:

Just one more thing about 9506 The Butler is wonderful, he could not do enough for us. His name is Ishtar (shortened version of his real name) the Dec 7 cruise was his first as a Butler and he really is trying very hard.

Just ask and you will recieve what you want plus more. He was so efficient, the best we have had on NCL

Leona

Yes, we are very spoiled!!! It wasn't bad without the balcony since the pool was almost directly above us and only one flight up.

Just wondering how you knew you were sitting next to each other?

Jackie

Jackie, at the time we didn't know each other. All we knew was that we were sitting next to other OS occupants (or GV occupants, I guess). It wasn't until after the cruise on these boards that we figured out we were next to each other. I have no idea why we didn't chat--I think it was because Cosmo and I weren't actually sitting next to each other (she was next to Joe and I was on his other side). We probably would have struck up a conversation if we had been--you know how much "chattier" women tend to be! :)

Jackie, at the time we didn't know each other. All we knew was that we were sitting next to other OS occupants (or GV occupants, I guess). It wasn't until after the cruise on these boards that we figured out we were next to each other. I have no idea why we didn't chat--I think it was because Cosmo and I weren't actually sitting next to each other (she was next to Joe and I was on his other side). We probably would have struck up a conversation if we had been--you know how much "chattier" women tend to be! :)

That's so funny.. I thought later that may have been how you knew since there aren't usually too many people in those seats.

Dh is the quiet one in our family also. I have been known to talk to walls, as he mentions every once in a while. :D

Yesterday I was in the store buying cards and a woman asked me if I had seen any for Son & DIL since she had only found ones that said to Son. I helped her look and she explained that she liked the ones with a lot of glitter. She then pulled a small bag of glitter out of her pocket and told me that she had lost her 29 year old son. The glitter was to sprinkle on his grave, she told me with a big smile, but sad eyes.

After I helped her find a card, she couldn't thank me enough and kissed me goodbye wishing me a Merry Christmas. It gave me more Christmas spirit than I've had so far this year.

Jackie

We were in 9006 3 years ago, in talking to people in 10006 above us it seemed that their suite was a bit larger?

We are now booked in 9506 in October ( I tried for either 10006 or 10506 but they were sold out)

My question is should I continue to try to change to the 10th deck, or is the difference not worth the effort.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Dennis

We were in 9006 3 years ago, in talking to people in 10006 above us it seemed that their suite was a bit larger?
You're right. 9506 is 571 sq. ft and 10506 is 750 sq. ft. Balconies are the same at 150 sq ft.
We are now booked in 9506 in October ( I tried for either 10006 or 10506 but they were sold out)

My question is should I continue to try to change to the 10th deck, or is the difference not worth the effort.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Dennis

Some CC members have stayed in both. Maybe someone will give you their opinion.

My opinion (which I've done): If 10006 or 10506 were available, I'd definitely try to get one of those first. But if they're booked, 9506 & 9006 are fine.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Dennis

We stayed in 10506 & 9506. Indeed 10506 is larger and the dining area is nice. The walkin closet is larger and the bathroom is laid out differently. If you can get either on the 10th deck go fo it. They cost the same.

There are pics of both in our webshots link below.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

• 3 years later...
It seems like the bridge is directly above the deck 10 OS front balcony. Do you get more privacy on the front balcony in a deck 9 OS?

Thanks

Yes you do have slightly more privacy on deck nine if you stay close to the superstructure...Deck 10 is now our favorite because of the cabin layout.

I was in 10006 this past October! What a mistake!!:eek: All the other OS I've been in haven't even come close to this one! I'm going again on the Sky in 2012 in the OS (8201) - I've sailed in that suite before, but heck....it won't be 10006 on the Dawn! What's a girl to do??:confused:

Archived