Should I book a cruise thru Carnival.com or another website for the lowest price?

I have a feeling I paid too much via Carnival.com.:confused:

If you just put down a deposit, look around. My local TA gets me the lowest rates out there and I am supporting a small business here is my own community. From what I have seen ,y TA can get any online discount out there. When it gets closer to sail date I simply ask her to look to see if the price has gonw down. She got me a discount hte day that I put my deposit down on my 2007 cruise.

Good luck

Unless you have a specific PVP's name and/or extension you're not going to get a hold of any one. You can call 1-800-Carnival and speak with a CVS, which is basically the same as a PVP. The only difference is that a CVS takes incoming calls while PVP's make outbound calls. The only way you can contact a PVP is if they have contacted you already or if you have been referred to one by someone.

I also call a few different online TA's and almost always seem to get a better price then what is posted online. They are not allowed to advertise online lower than Carnival.

Wow, I didn't know that. I always used a PvP. Now I am really going to start checking around. Especially since the one that I use to use is not there and I am not getting the service that I use to.

I went to the website cruise compete and received an offer several hundred dollars cheaper than Carnival. Called the "reputable" agency who gave the best quote (you will receive multiple offers) and they took care of switching my reservations. Not only did I save money, I also got a better cabin!!!

Archived