Mexican Riviera w/4 year olds any excursions ideas?

trnmba

Hi everyone!

We are traveling on the Carnival Pride on 11/5/06 with our two four year olds. Any suggestions on excursions? They have both traveled a lot and we know that beaches are usually the best for this age group but does anyone have any other suggestions?? Just concerned that 3 beach days might be a bit much?

However knowing that the beach is an easy day for us I will take any suggestions on the beaches to go to w/this age group as well.

Thanks so much!!!

:)

In Puerto Vallarta I went to the Krystal Resort at the suggestion of some people on the ports-of-call boards here. It's an easy walk from the port, and in addition to a children's pool, they have a playground - plus a huge property of pools/beach/food, etc. I entered through the lobby - though it's possible to go through a side gate - but wasn't charged a day-use fee, even though I expected to. Others have been, and it's well worth it. Do a search for Krystal on the Mexico ports-of-call board, and you'll find more details and even a map.

There is also a Sam's Club within walking distance in Puerto Vallarta if you find you need anything - just follow the crew!

Have a great time.

Best,

Mia

We did this itinerary in Oct 2005 (Sapphire Princess) with my DS (5). I'll look back in my notes but this is what I remember:

PV: Booked on-line the dolphin encounter for ages 4-7 (definitely cheaper for the little ones). My son, although a little nervous at first, loved this. The kids get to stand in the water on a platform (w/life jackets on) and touch, feed and "sing" with the dolphins. They also got to ride on the backs of the trainers who rode the dolphin in a small circle. Of course we purchased the DVD and my DS loves to re-live his adventure. After this we headed back to the ship where my DS wanted to hook up with the kids program (and we headed back out to walmart & sams accross the street). We were going to hit the Krystal spa too, because I had heard wonderful things about it, but alas, DS was too tired from his excursion.

Matzatlan: We took a taxi to a resort (I believe Melia but I'm not positive...I tend to loose track of where I've been:o ). They have a wonderful (and huge) pool that has a rock cave/slide and the water varies in levels so DS could stand and play in the water. Again, he had a ball. We ordered some drinks and food and were able to use the facilities (if you do their "condo tour" supposedly you get free drinks but we didn't bother).

Cabo: Since it was only a short stop, DS wanted to stay on the ship in the kids program (which he LOVED).

Hope this info helps.

Lynn

Our girls loved the resorts so much that we asked the concierge on the ship for resort recommendations and each one was awesome and free! Although we expected to pay a little something. These were all five star resorts that were recommended. So if at a loss check with your concierge.

Ixtapa: Dorado Pacifico was very nice with beach access, small wading pool, pool with slide etc. Lots of fun.

We took a Mexican Riviera cruise two years ago - my boys were four and seven. In Mazatlan we did Randi's Happy Horses. Both boys had their own horses and absolutely loved it. One of Randi's workers walked next to my four year old's horse. He was never scared!! After the ride they swam in the ocean. It is one of the highlights of the entire trip!!

Archived