Little Black Dress?

lilly707

We getting ready to leave on a seven night cruise to Alaska on Princess next month. I've purchase a little black cocktail dress with a wrap and dressy shoes and jewelery for one formal night. I still have to purchase something for the second night. I've never been on a cruise before. I like dressing up, but I am not a gown person. Are these type of cocktail dresses appropriate for formal nights on Princess? Help, I still need to shop for my second night. Thanks.

We getting ready to leave on a seven night cruise to Alaska on Princess next month. I've purchase a little black cocktail dress with a wrap and dressy shoes and jewelery for one formal night. I still have to purchase something for the second night. I've never been on a cruise before. I like dressing up, but I am not a gown person. Are these type of cocktail dresses appropriate for formal nights on Princess? Help, I still need to shop for my second night. Thanks.

Back in 2001 I took a cruise on HAL Statendam to Alaska. One of my tablemates was a very nice woman from Washington state who loved cruising Alaska and HAL. She had taken like 5 HAL Alaska cruises.

She wore a black cocktail dress both formal nights - which was actually the same dress-but she changed up her jewelry wraps, etc. I am sure I am the ONLY one who noticed as I was sitting next to her and I thought she was a smart gal! she looked beautiful!

After that cruise I bought a long black formal skirt-and two separate formal satin tops for my next cruise! It sure was simplier to pack-not packing those bulky evening gowns and with the flight/weight restrictions that is a good thing now!

I still sometimes take formal evening gowns with me-but they are always when I am driving to port!

absolutely.. the little black dress can go anywhere anytime.. accessories can dress it up or down.. my little black dress always goes with me on a cruise and is worn on one of the formal nites.. I'm not a gown person either.. I've also done a long slinky slit up to there black skirt with a dressy top and dressy shoes, or a dressy material shorter skirt and top.. one of my hubby's favorites was a black suit I had.. the skirt had a high slit and under the jacket I wore a dressy shell..

Archived