Pride review 5/28/2006

mfabulous

Pride review 5/28/2006 – 6/02/2006

What a fantastic trip. There is no doubt that I will do this again.

We arrived at Long Beach the night before and stayed at the Hyatt.

Did some sight seeing as there is a village on the peer just across from the hotel. A friend of mine stayed at the Coastal and enjoyed that as well. They actually took there bags to the peer themselves using a valet’s cart.

Anyway, my two daughters and I arrived around noon. We had VIP check in and I was on the Lido deck drinking by 1:30. Say hi to Swatlana and Dina if you see them. Tell them Mike says hi, they’ll remember me.

We had a Cat 11 room, nice, but I would down grade next time. The rooms are gorgeous, but the whirlpool in the bath was out. The room stewards are great. I did tip at the beginning an it helped. They responded immediately to anything we needed. As a matter of fact, the entire staff was great.

Days at sea are great. I would suggest that you keep an eye on your FOLIO. It really builds up the quick. But remember I had 16 and 20 yr old daughters on my card as well. I was about $700.00 over my expected budget. That doesn’t include my gambling, that’s an entire different story.

Tuesday was our first formal night. Maybe a hand full in tuxes. Suit in any color is fine. Waiter and his assistant were great, funny and just out right awesome. My daughters loved them.

I did David’s supper club twice, fantastic. I did it once with my friend and once with my daughters. They don’t take any pictures though, somewhat disappointed, so take a camera.

Guys’ I order a dozen roses to be delivered to my friend during dinner, beautiful roses. But one problem, she couldn’t get them off the ship. Too much to carry. So if you what to do something like that, just give her one. But David’s is absolutely worth every penny.

Mazatlan was ok. We did the tequila factory excursion. Interesting, but the bus ride is to long and you go through some really nasty parts of town. The tequila was ok, bought a few bottle that they did confiscate back at the ship, no big deal as we took on a fifth of Vodka and a fifth of rum. I had it in my check baggage, never one question arose. My daughters wanted to eat at the Blue Shrimp, not suggested, extremely expensive. Try some of the mom and pop eateries. Nice jewelry right outside the ship. They will come down on the price, so talk with them.

Puerta Vallarta was fantastic. We did the lands end and Beach excursion. What a blast. I drank and swam. My daughters flirted, road horses, banana boat, flirted, ate, drank and flirted. It was just the right amount of time. Once back at the peer there are plenty of shops to do some shopping. But my 16 yr old did a chair massage, she hurt for two days. That is the only thing we can really think of that could have hurt her that bad. She’s pretty fit.

Cabo, we had to take a water taxi to the beach. At the beach, watch out for all the vendors. There like piranha, everywhere you turn on the beach. Once you get into town, very few. We spent most of our time at Cabo Wabo. Others said Senior frogs was best. I’ll leave that to you all to decide. We used the taxis from the Office to Cabo Wabo, $6.00 for all three of us. We used them to get back to the peer as well. Don’t drink to much, you have to boat back to the ship.

Friday was the same as the other to days at sea, partying in the morning, afternoon and evening closing down Beauties (A nice dance place). Then to the pizzeria, not bad but under cooked. Room service is OK, at least my daughters thought so. Food in the Mermaid was fine, no complaints here. I hear all these negative things, I’m picky at certain areas, but I’m on vacation, so I just go with it.

All in all I am ready to do another one. I want to try and get my friend ( she knows who this is as do some of you others J, to go with my daughters and I to the Caribbean out of New Orleans, then I’ll have the two to compare to. We’ll see. Anyway, if you have any question I’ll look back to see if I can answer them. One more thijng, if you go to the Tajah waiting to depart, there was a comedian that was great. We got up at 8:30, and I was in my truck by 11:00. Oh, VIP check in does not give you VIP departure, something to remember. I was told I was back to being with the regular people now, and that was by my friend. Lov her to death.

mfabulous ~ thanks for the review. I go on the Pride with my DD this Sunday. Since my DD is only 8, we have a few kid things booked like the dolphion swin in PV and Randi's Happy HJorses in Maz. Sounds likeyou had a good time, I'm counting the days!

Thanks for your review. It makes me even more excited for our upcoming cruise on the Pride at the end of this month.

Couple of questions. You mentioned your first formal night was on Tuesday. I thought they were on Monday night. I wonder when this changed.

Any news on the slide situation. I had read that they were hoping to get the new slide installed by late May / early June. It would be great if it was in.

Appreciate your response.

Thank you so much for that Review.

We are leaving on our first Cruise ever on the Pride on the 25th, and I ahve the same question as Victory... the first Formal was Tuseday night? Not Monday night?

We do plan to do Davids Supper Club, really looking forward to that!

Thanks again! :D

( Victory Bound... 18 more days... I can hardly wait! )

Thanks, I have every intention of gopiong to both Formal dinners ( yes I weill wear a Tux, people will have to get over it ), and wanted to book Davids on a different evening than the formal dinners.

I was planning to book Davids on Tuesday night.

Thanks, I have every intention of gopiong to both Formal dinners ( yes I weill wear a Tux, people will have to get over it ), and wanted to book Davids on a different evening than the formal dinners.

I was planning to book Davids on Tuesday night.

Astronomer - That's funny. My husband will be wearing a tux to both formal nights and also when we go to David's. I was thinking about Tuesday also. I wanted to go on a non-port day and not on the formal nights.

Astronomer - That's funny. My husband will be wearing a tux to both formal nights and also when we go to David's. I was thinking about Tuesday also. I wanted to go on a non-port day and not on the formal nights.

I had not decided if I would wear the Tux to David's, was considering it.

Tuesday night seems perfect for a long romantic dinner :D

Archived