statendam Dec.2004- question?

temple10

I will be going on my first cruise Dec 21 on HAL My question is I am reading that Casual dress means blouses,dresses, and slacks for women- and dress coat for men -no tie. So on this ship noone wear t-shirts and jeans?? shorts?? Or do they wear it and noone says anything? I would appreciate any input thank you tremple10:)

temple: the dress codes apply at night time only. You have described the requested dress for Informal nights. HAL requests men wear jackets on Informal nights---no such request for casual nights. At night time, HAL requests no jeans, tees, shorts, etc in main dining room---ok for the Lido buffet, however. For casual night, khakis and polo/golf shirts for men are fine. Slacks, jumpers, etc for ladies are fine as well.

During the daytime, you can be as casual as you care to be-shorts, tees, jeans, shorts, flip flops, whatever, but possibly not in main dining room on some HAL ships, from what I read here on this board. Hope this is fairly accurate and helps you. We will be on the Statendam in Novembe and will try to keep her in good shape for you!

Archived