6 Years Later

VICKIVICKI

Our last cruise, was over 6 years ago, on the Elation visiting the mexican Riviera. We loved it[even had a grey whale almost tip our glass-bottom boat in cabo! It was awesome!] Now, I hear that Carnival's ships are all party boats and crowded with kids. When we went last, end of january, we did not find that the case at all,maybe because we retired early for the evening[not to sleep]or because all of the partiers were sleeping while we were up. Also, when we went, we were concerned that there would not be enough kids for my [then] 6 year old to play with. Despite the fact that we were concerned, there were plenty[but not too many] kids.I have also heard that the food has improved. Well, I am by no means a food gourmet, but I thought the food was fantastic alreay[especially the chocolate decadence. I'm a little sad that they no longer make it]I guess what i want to know, is if the ships will be alot wilder than before. We are booked on the Conquest, and i am sooooooo excited, but a little concerned that my family will be the only ones who are not involved in a weeklong party.[a little partying doesn't bother me at all. gives us something to talk and laugh about at the table during breakfast!] ] thanks.

Our last cruise, was over 6 years ago, on the Elation visiting the mexican Riviera. We loved it[even had a grey whale almost tip our glass-bottom boat in cabo! It was awesome!] Now, I hear that Carnival's ships are all party boats and crowded with kids. When we went last, end of january, we did not find that the case at all,maybe because we retired early for the evening[not to sleep]or because all of the partiers were sleeping while we were up. Also, when we went, we were concerned that there would not be enough kids for my [then] 6 year old to play with. Despite the fact that we were concerned, there were plenty[but not too many] kids.I have also heard that the food has improved. Well, I am by no means a food gourmet, but I thought the food was fantastic alreay[especially the chocolate decadence. I'm a little sad that they no longer make it]I guess what i want to know, is if the ships will be alot wilder than before. We are booked on the Conquest, and i am sooooooo excited, but a little concerned that my family will be the only ones who are not involved in a weeklong party.[a little partying doesn't bother me at all. gives us something to talk and laugh about at the table during breakfast!] ] thanks.

A couple of notes...

1) you didn't mention if you are cruising around the same time as before, but you should have a good mix of kids for your 12 yo. I'd suggest checking out the roll call boards and if there isn't one for your cruise, start one. Then if you see anyone post on this board that they are on that cruise, invite them to join the roll call! :)

2) When I cruised in March, they had the Chocolate Decadence on the first night at dinner!

3) Shorter cruises do have more of a party atmosphere, but past experience for me has shown a good mix of all types of crowds. Enjoy and make the best of it! :D

A couple of notes...

2) When I cruised in March, they had the Chocolate Decadence on the first night at dinner!

That's cool that they have it. They didn't have it on our last cruise which was the 12 day Europe. I did however make a suggestion on a comment card at the pursers desk saying that I miss decadence of chocolate, and when I came back in barcelona, I had this waiting for me!

http://hawk.bus.msu.edu/test/8-22-05_Barcelona/32_Decadence_of_Chocolate.jpg

So don't be afraid to suggest it if they don't serve it!

Archived