Docking in Barbados on Sunday, Nov 12th...

rican_sol

Hi, I am new to this site and already love it! Thank you all for the helpful bits of information as this is mine and my husband's first time to Barbados - we'll be there on Sunday, Nov. 12, 2006 for the day while on our Carnival cruise. That's our 1st year wedding anniversary, too, by the way!! :p My question is since we are there on a Sunday - will all the places and things to do on the island be closed?? :confused: We were planning on visiting Pelican Village to check out the shops and then hit Boat Yard and Northpoint for the rest of our time there until heading back to the ship. Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated! Have a great day! :)

unfortunately Pelican Village will likely be closed. But there will be shops in the port, which will likely be open. The Boatyard is fine, but I'm curious about Northpoint.. there really isn't anything there.. unless you are talking about going to Animal Flower Cave (or unless something has changed, or will change in the next 5 mths or so).

I would strongly encourage you to take an island tour and see some of our beautiful island.

let me know if you need any further info.

We also love this board & have gotten great ideas from all those sharing their ideas & experiences.

Welcome aboard rican sol, we will also be in Barbados that day, arriving on the Carnival Legend. A group of us also have a Carnival Legend roll call forum going, check us out. I am researching two things to do - one is a short island tour & one is a 3-hour snorkeling excursion with ElTigre on a catamaran. I'm hoping maybe we can do both as we are in port from 12 to 10 p.m.

BTW - I was also told that the day we are in St. Maarten, it is a holiday & all shops will be closed.

Thank you for the info, Sunniebgi & WendyCn! I really want to take advantage of all there is to see/do on the island! We're docked there from 12 noon - 10 p.m. so maybe we can fit in a tour and enjoy the beach too! I'll check out that forum you mentioned, WendyCn - thanks.

You both have a great day, thanks again! :)

we scheduled a private tour with a cab driver i have his name and number if you need it.... he took us to all the best sightseeing points on the island , and dont forget the caves.... they are awesome, there are few words that can express how fascinating this place is, then he took us to malibu beach... crystal clear water... we had a great time and he has great prices... let me know if interested

Hi! Sounds interesting - I would love to get his contact info please. Can you tell me how long the tour took and what the best time to begin would be? Since we're docked there from noon - 10 p.m. I want to also take advantage of the beaches there - a lot of posts I have read recommend the Boat Yard, have you been? I would love to possibly do both the tour and have a few hours at the beach during the afternoon! Thanks for the info! :)

Hi! Sounds interesting - I would love to get his contact info please. Can you tell me how long the tour took and what the best time to begin would be? Since we're docked there from noon - 10 p.m. I want to also take advantage of the beaches there - a lot of posts I have read recommend the Boat Yard, have you been? I would love to possibly do both the tour and have a few hours at the beach during the afternoon! Thanks for the info! :)

We also love this board & have gotten great ideas from all those sharing their ideas & experiences.

Welcome aboard rican sol, we will also be in Barbados that day, arriving on the Carnival Legend. A group of us also have a Carnival Legend roll call forum going, check us out. I am researching two things to do - one is a short island tour & one is a 3-hour snorkeling excursion with ElTigre on a catamaran. I'm hoping maybe we can do both as we are in port from 12 to 10 p.m.

BTW - I was also told that the day we are in St. Maarten, it is a holiday & all shops will be closed.

I am so excited about this cruise - I just wish we weren't docking on the weekend/holidays - I wanted to get the island experience on your average day. I wanted to see the shops and all - oh well - we'll still have a blast. I'll check out that roll call forum you mentioned - thanks!! :)

we scheduled a private tour with a cab driver i have his name and number if you need it.... he took us to all the best sightseeing points on the island , and dont forget the caves.... they are awesome, there are few words that can express how fascinating this place is, then he took us to malibu beach... crystal clear water... we had a great time and he has great prices... let me know if interested

I would love his name and nmber please. It seems there is so much to do in Barbados and we are only there from 7:30 - 5:00. I would like to take my duaghter on the 4 hour pirate adventure and I also want to see the caves and....so much to do so little time. Is the Pirate ship worth it or is there something else we should really do? HELP Please.

TIA

Susan

Archived