September 2, 2006 - 4 Night Canada - Questions

Nick Needs To Know

We're more than likely booking this sailing, but, I need some clarification on categories. I would like to know if there is any square footage difference between Category A balconies and Category B balconies. I know the Category A's are located on higher decks and the Category B's are lower in the hull. Is there any difference between these two categories other than deck location? Thank you, your input is appreciated.

Nick

We're more than likely booking this sailing, but, I need some clarification on categories. I would like to know if there is any square footage difference between Category A balconies and Category B balconies. I know the Category A's are located on higher decks and the Category B's are lower in the hull. Is there any difference between these two categories other than deck location? Thank you, your input is appreciated.

Nick

Hi Nick

The "balconies" are bigger (slightly) in the cabins on 4 5 6 decks than the balconies on decks 8 11 12.

(Be aware that B grade cabin balconies on deck 8 are physically the same as A grade cabin balconies on 8 11 12 but with a lifeboat alongside your balcony).

The wall between cabin and balcony on 4 5 6 is steel with a glass panel and door, on 8 11 12 it is a glass wall and door.

Other than that there is no difference between A and B grade cabin size or layouts.

See the other thread here at the moment re favorite cabins.

Hope this helps.

Hi Nick,

I will be going on the Labor Day cruise and hope you will join our happy little Cruise Critic Group.

In January I had a B catagory room (in hull) and liked it very much. Because it was January, it was good to be in a protected balcony leaving and returning from New York. At the time, we were upgraded from a B4 to a B2 catagory and were in cabin 6257.

This time around, I chose an obstructed view on deck 8. Having the deck plans, I was able to pick a cabin between two life boats.

Book now! There have been reductions in the fares for this cruise across all catagories. I used Cunard both times to book and found them very helpful.

Maria

Thanks Maria! We just booked! We took a Category B, in hull. We figure this is our test run on QM2, if we like it, we can always upgrade the next time! I'm very excited about this sailing! I have my tuxedo ready and waiting for formal night and, looking forward to experiencing sailing with Cunard!

Nick

PS - Do you have an official Cruise Critic group or will we be meeting up loosely?

Thanks Maria! We just booked! We took a Category B, in hull. We figure this is our test run on QM2, if we like it, we can always upgrade the next time! I'm very excited about this sailing! I have my tuxedo ready and waiting for formal night and, looking forward to experiencing sailing with Cunard!

Nick

PS - Do you have an official Cruise Critic group or will we be meeting up loosely?

In my view, you made a wise choice by booking a CAT B, in hull. Unless you spend lots of time in your cabin, use the money you would have spent for a better cabin to spoil yourself with better wines or "retail therapy" if that is your thing.

We always book lower decks mid-ship -- they are the most stable cabins and we don't spend huge amounts of time there except to sleep. While I'm asleep, my body doesn't care which type of cabin I'm in.

Incidentally, the comfort of the beds on the QM2 is nothing less than amazing -- probably the most comforable beds at sea.

Welcome aboard Nick:D

We do have a Roll Call list. I am the unofficial keeper of the list and am adding you to it. Are you traveling alone?

There are earlier posts for the 9/2 cruise. I don't know how to get to them directly without scrolling the threads.:confused: Maybe one of our fellow ccers can help with this. The titles of the other posts are QM2 Labor Day Cruise and QM2 Sept 2, 2006.

We are tentatively scheduled to meet in the Commador Club on deck 9, but have not set a date and time.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Maria

Archived