Transportation from Rome, IT to Port

We were onboard the May 19 06 Liberty sailing.

Our trip took just over 1 hr to get to the boat. No traffic problems either way.

Found the Carnival transfers a bit pricey at $65 e/w (may have been $70, not sure) for 8 of us travelling.

We booked a private tour company called limo in rome on the recommendation of a cc member.

We had booked 4 different trips with them. We were left waiting at the airport for over one and a half hours on our arrival, this resulted in us being very agitated, good thing that one of our party could speak Italian and we had our cell phones with us. Definately not what you want happening after an overnight flight.:mad:

Company said driver was at terminal with a sign waiting, he definately was not. He strolled through the doors 2 and a half hours after our plane landed.

Our other pick ups by this company were on time, however our initial experience will lead us not to use them again.

Even though this happened I would still use a private company for our party of 8 going next year as the cost is half of what we would pay with Carnival. However, If we were going ourselves only I would book the Carnival transportation.

ps. Getting on and off the boat was very well organized. The first bus was on it's way by 6am to get passengers with 10.30am flights to the airport. Hats off to the staff for a great job well done from the minute we arrived to the time we left. :)

We also used Limo in Rome (www.limoinrome.com) for our transfers last year and everything was perfect. They met us at the airport and took us to our hotel. The day of the cruise we took a tour up to Tivoli before going to the port. Claudio was very responsive to my emails and we didn't have any trouble. I'm sorry to hear that others were disappointed with them.

Cayce

When traveling alone (not using cruiseline's arrangements) what is the best way to get to the cruise port from Rome and vice versa?

Are you going from Rome or from the airport? Since you are alone I would suggest taking a taxi or private driver.From Rome city center it will cost abour 110€ and a little less than that from the airport.There is always the train as well,but this way you will be take right to the ship.Make sure if you do use a taxi it is from a taxi stand (not a gypsy cab).Here are some links you can check out for private transfers.

ABOUT US

Rome Taxi Shuttle Limousine, first class car service in Rome

Limousine service Rome, Limousines Roma

When traveling alone (not using cruiseline's arrangements) what is the best way to get to the cruise port from Rome and vice versa?

If you don't want to spend the money on Carnival's transfers then look at posting on your roll call to share a ride.

If that's not possible, then do the private car service.

Lastly, and only if you have traveled before in Italy alone, do the train. You still have to manage your luggage on the train and walk if no cabs are around to the port to board the ship and vice versa.

Good luck

PTC

Cberge,

Thanks for the links ! that is the best price I have come across for transfers!!!!!!!!! already booked 2 transfers

Thanks,

Phyllis

You are more than welcome...glad I could help.:D

Archived