Cruise Director on Fantasy

jt4hsanders

Well this is our third cruise (July 13) with Carnival, the 2nd on Fantasy. Have always had GREAT times on board. It has been 3 years since our last cruise. Is anyone aware of the current soda card prices?, and does anyone know who the cruise director is. We were lucky on the Inspiration the cruise director was Maraschal (skinny african american gentleman) he was on Fantasy with us the first time also. Was just hoping maybe he was back on the Fantasy he was GREAT.

that's correct, Marascahl is the CD on Fantasy, and I also wanted to add that we enjoyed him very much. In fact, I told him I wanted to take him home with me! He was hilarious; gotta love that personality! He also sang the blues one night after the talent show (another guy sang some and then Marascahl finished it up). He is an awesome singer, too.

• 3 weeks later...
that's correct, Marascahl is the CD on Fantasy, and I also wanted to add that we enjoyed him very much. In fact, I told him I wanted to take him home with me! He was hilarious; gotta love that personality! He also sang the blues one night after the talent show (another guy sang some and then Marascahl finished it up). He is an awesome singer, too.

I was playing bass in the band when that happened.

Marah is fantastic and demands a great deal from the crew.

Marascahl, will be on the Fantasy for your cruise, and as previously mentioned, I believe he is the most personable and approachable CD I have every had the pleasure to meet on Carnival. Many believe that the job of CD is to be a Showman and only visible when they are "On Stage" and not mingle with the guests. Marascahl is available and visible all over the ship.

We were on the Fantasy in April and like everyone above Marascahl is a great CD. I had a chance to speak to him one morning at the pureser's desk and he is very hands on and friendly even when not performing. We really enjoyed his welcome aboard show too.

And where wil you be next? I didn't know they moved musicians around that much... Just figured once they got a good groove going, they'd stick together. Or is it like the other 'bands' on board, they move the orchestra and musicians around to other ships?

Just curious :) ... musicians are the best part of my trips!

Kaki in FL

• 2 weeks later...
And where wil you be next? I didn't know they moved musicians around that much... Just figured once they got a good groove going, they'd stick together. Or is it like the other 'bands' on board, they move the orchestra and musicians around to other ships?

Just curious :) ... musicians are the best part of my trips!

Kaki in FL

Hey Kaki,

I will be playing bass guitar on either the Pride or the Conquest starting August 6th. I haven't got ahold of the boss to find out which one yet. I'm hoping for Conquest though... Being a french speaking canadian I think it would be a lot of fun to play in the band for the french show "formidable" on the Conquest...

Musicians leave all of the time. The bands can change by the cruise at times. On the Fantasy we lost 4 of our 8 musicians on one day including our Musical Director. Everyone really has to step up to the plate and make sure that they do their jobs. That's what we're paid for though.

The contracts for me seem to be 4 months for the most part. We'll see what happens though!

Archived