Pagers at kids club

Do the ships have pagers at the adventure program in case your child wants to be picked up?

We just returned from Bermuda on the Explorer of the Seas last Friday. My children 6 and 9 both participated in the Adventure Ocean program. They had a BLAST. They starting asking to go back as soon as I picked them up....go figure. Anyway the pagers are for the youngest group 3-5. However, my 9 year old has special needs (autism). They were very accommodating. He participated at age level 9 to 11 year olds. I asked for a pager...mostly for me...and I had no problem getting one. The staff was friendly and understanding. Have a wonderful time

We brought walkie talkies, six of them. There was so much chatter on the first day that we decided to rent ship phones. They are the same phones that the crew uses. You rent them for a fee for the entire week. It was the best thing we did. We took five boys and were able to talk to even our eight YO at his kids club. He was there all the time. He even stayed aboard when we got of at St martin. The phone worked great for our 16 yo, we let him stay out a little later than usual. But we had access to him at all hours. If we felt the need to talk and see where he was or who he was with we could call him. The deal was if he didn't answer we would come find him and that would truly embarass him, especially if we were in our pajamas.

I would give the kids a ship phone, they feel important and the younger ones will call you more often than you desire.

They are safe aboard the ship and the crew really cares for them. We love RCCL and the security they provide.

cruise on...

what do they charge for ship phones?

I believe we paid $50.00 per phone for the entire cruise. Seems a little hefty price, but well worth it, plus the younger guys feel important and you will feel much safer knowing they are a phone call away. Plus you will know their whereabouts at all times.

We had brought six walkie talkies, but there was so much chatter and half the time you couldn't understand what your child was saying.

worth every penny to me.

• 4 weeks later...
We just returned from Bermuda on the Explorer of the Seas last Friday. My children 6 and 9 both participated in the Adventure Ocean program. They had a BLAST.

Just booked the same itinerary. We have girls 9 & 5. Would love some info on the kids program. If you have the Adventure Ocean Compasses I would love a copy. Thanks!!!

We just returned from Bermuda on the Explorer of the Seas last Friday. My children 6 and 9 both participated in the Adventure Ocean program. They had a BLAST. They starting asking to go back as soon as I picked them up....go figure. Anyway the pagers are for the youngest group 3-5. However, my 9 year old has special needs (autism). They were very accommodating. He participated at age level 9 to 11 year olds. I asked for a pager...mostly for me...and I had no problem getting one. The staff was friendly and understanding. Have a wonderful time

Hi Elizabeth, my son also has special needs and he is going to be on Bermuda EOS on July 23rd. I'm going to put him in the kids program too but I am worrying about other kids making fun of him. Are the staff nice and careful dealing with special needs kids? I'm glad to hear you have a positive experience.

Do the ships have pagers at the adventure program in case your child wants to be picked up?

aia'm not sure. I have kids too and were just going to send them with walkie talkie's so they can go places and my husband and I can go different places.But if you have younger kids, this may not work as well.

I have a 12 yr old with HF autism. We took him on the Voyager last year and he did ok. Of course we told the counselors ahead of time about him, put it on papers we filled , etc. I'm going to put him this Aug. back into the 9-11 yr olds. 12-14 program is too unstructured, he's not used to just "hanging out" and you always have to be concerned about them being teased, just like anywhere else.

We were on Legend with our 5 year old in April and we received a pager, but I believe they were only for the 3-5 year old Aquanats. Anyway, it never went off, we practically had to drag her out of there then she wanted to go back right away. We had late seating at dinner so we would feed her and get her back in there by 7:00, then get dressed for dinner at 8:30 then at 10:00, when it was time for dessert, brought her back into the dining room, Mario ALWAYS had her ice cream waiting for her. One night was Pirate Night and they brought all the kids into the dining room to take over the ship!!

Archived