4 in an inside cabin

SueMLewis

Pre arrange a bathroom schedule. First of the four be completely dressed for dinner and out of the cabin 90 minutes before the last is ready to go. Find a nearby public room to read or people watch, hang there while others are getting ready. Usually, during the day people are doing different things at different times shouldn’t be a problem then. The only time all four should be in the room is to sleep, and prey to God no one snores.

And of course you know the third and fourth bed swing out of the ceiling while you’re at dinner and are put back up before noon.

My 2 college aged daughters shared with another college girl and her mother. Amazingly they were still friends after a 12 day cruise. One daughter showered in our cabin everyday and the other daughter used a public restroom for necessities! :eek: They vowed never again! But honestly, you aren't in the cabin much. If it's a choice of sharing or staying home, I'd definitely share! ;) Beware of snorers though! :o

We've done it many times and the best arrangement is the twins on bottom with two pull downs above them. The pull downs stay up during the day. These rooms are designed for 4 so if you feel cramped it's just your feelings, not the design of the room. Bathroom can get hectic at times before dinner so I found it best to head up to the men's spa for my shower and shave. Plus the showers are better up there and you can get in the sunua and steam rooms before your shower.

Pre arrange a bathroom schedule. First of the four be completely dressed for dinner and out of the cabin 90 minutes before the last is ready to go. Find a nearby public room to read or people watch, hang there while others are getting ready. Usually, during the day people are doing different things at different times shouldn’t be a problem then. The only time all four should be in the room is to sleep, and prey to God no one snores.

And of course you know the third and fourth bed swing out of the ceiling while you’re at dinner and are put back up before noon.

:)

:) :) Better to cruise with 4 than not at all! These are all good tips and I might add it will forever give you humorous stories to wow the dining table with when you get to the point of having 2 in a balcony suite!

Did 3 cruises with the 2 DD as teens and I would secretly like to be that close again - but who knows maybe with the grands.

Did it with three once and never, never, never again!!:eek:

Sounds like a dining table (forum) sharing story in there somewhere!? ;)

Not to put down the idea or anything, but I just pulled our pictures out from our first two cruises with inside cabins. Those gave me a laugh, just remembering how we had expected a hotel sized room. Our TA led us to believe there wasn't t h a t much difference. Well, once boarded we found our room. Before entering ours, the door was open to this lavish corner room. We peeked in and thought, "Wow, this is gonna be great, our room must look something like that." You can imagine the looks when we opened our door. And NCL has very small cabins. :)

We had an extra inside cabin on our last cruise and my husband just used it to shower and change and to get "away" from us girls. I went to look at it and I could not even imagine two people in a room that size.

This question reminds me of a funny experience I had on my first cruise (Carnival, tiny, old ship, back in 1990).

There were four young women travelling together and sharing an outside cabin, but it only had a porthole, not a window and certainly not a balcony.

One of the girls had a very deep, distinctive voice. One night, we were walking down a corridor past an open cabin door and I heard a familiar voice. I stopped, peeked in and sure enough it was the girls' cabin.

I have to tell you, it looked like a hurricane had blown through there! I chuckled and kept on going. I asked them about it at dinner that night and they said that they tried really hard to keep the clutter to a minimum and respect either others space, but by day 4, they just gave up and gave in.

I guess if you're not bothered by somebody else, or somebody else's stuff, always being underfoot and can 'go with the flow', then you'll be OK. If somebody snores (like I do), heaven help you all.

Another poster suggested taking advantage of the spa for showers, that can certainly help.

If it's a choice between cramming 4 people into a cabin, or not going.....? I'm not sure how I'd answer that.

T

I've done the inside cabin twice with my family of 4. Once on the Carnival Sensation which wasn't too bad and once on the RCL Enchantment of the Seas which was a bit crowded (esp. the bathroom). Since I had two teenage daughters at the time when it came to prepping for dinner I was literally the odd man out. After a couple of days of that always having to wait to shower was getting old. One day when I was in the gym I noticed that the showers were quite spacious by comparison to the one in the cabin. From that day forward and again on the second cruise, I would let the women go down to the cabin, wait an hour lounging at the pool with my drink and then go up to the gym and take a nice long hot shower. By the time I was finished and went back to the cabin, the women were dressed and putting on their makeup. I would then shave and when they left the cabin I would get dressed. On the second cruise we went with my parents, and my 4 brothers and their families (24 in all). One of my brothers who has the same situation as me (3 women) decided to try it out once and continued the rest of the cruise.

Pre arrange a bathroom schedule.

Two or three of you could also shower and dry your hair in the spa. I always shower there since the showers are bigger than the ones in the cabins. Personally, I would not want to share an inside with more than one other person.

Archived