Carnival Freedom 24/07/07

malahide

Our last cruise was absolutely brilliant when we took the 12 day Grand Med cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I said to my wife that we must do onother cruise some time but which one I said. She loved it so much that she said she'd do the same cruise again. So I've just booked the family on the Freedom (new ship) for the 12 day Grand Med cruise on the 24th July 2007. It's a surprise for my wifes 40th. She turns 40 on the 24th July.

I'd be interested to here from anyone doing the same cruise. I do know of 2 ladies from Chicago who are joining us. (met them on the Liberty)

Hi! We, too, are booked on the Freedom next year - different cruise, and different itinerary, though! Check out your roll call thread on the roll call boards here (tried the link twice, but for some reason it's not working!) The reviews from the Liberty this year are great. Several of those booked on our April cruise have been on the Liberty and had a great time! We can't wait! What a great birthday present for your wife!

It's a surprise for my wifes 40th. She turns 40 on the 24th July.

Whatever you do, don't let her read CC or the cat may be out of the bag. And I'm sure she'll be thrilled that you just told have the cruising universe how old she is. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Fortunately she doesn't get on CC as she has no reason to, or at least she doesn't think she does.

As for giving away her age, she makes me look like a liar. I say she is approaching 40 but she looks 30 - Good for her and good for ME!

Ciao

Our last cruise was absolutely brilliant when we took the 12 day Grand Med cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I said to my wife that we must do onother cruise some time but which one I said. She loved it so much that she said she'd do the same cruise again. So I've just booked the family on the Freedom (new ship) for the 12 day Grand Med cruise on the 24th July 2007. It's a surprise for my wifes 40th. She turns 40 on the 24th July.

I'd be interested to here from anyone doing the same cruise. I do know of 2 ladies from Chicago who are joining us. (met them on the Liberty)

Hi,

I know what you mean about the Liberty experience :D

We booked the 2007 Freedom sailing for the exact same itinerary even before we got back into Rome by using the ship's phone. When onboard you can dial "4fun" from your room and it has free calls to Miami Carnival booking office. The internet cafe also has free link to the Carnival website while onboard.

There is a promotion for guests of the Liberty to book a 2007 Freedom cruise while onboard the Liberty. This gives a $200 onboard cabin credit and a 2 category upgrade. :D

We are going on the Freedom on June 6th 07, planning to book the Greece itinerary possibly in September 07.

Leaving on the Inspiration Aug 27 06. Feeling a bit aprehensive about this one, how can you top what we experienced on the Liberty sailing in the Med?:D

We also will be on this cruise. This will be our first cruise and our two daughters will be joining us. The ports of call sound fantastic. Right now we are just trying to figure out the best hotel to stay at the day before the curise and how we will get to the terminal. We also want to do a little sightseeing in Rome the evening.

Archived