NCL Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Star

noyb

We're considering booking a cabin on the Norwegian Star for the 8 day Mexican Riviera Cruise during April '07.

We've never cruised on NCL before and have a couple of questions.

• Is the Star a nice ship?
  • Should we book a balcony or mini suite cabin? (any pictures)

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. :)

We're considering booking a cabin on the Norwegian Star for the 8 day Mexican Riviera Cruise during April '07.

We cruised on the STAR to the Mexican Riviera in April of 2005, and again in Feb. of 2006......we loved it so much.

If there are only 2 of you cruising I would probably stay with the balcony cabin and save the extra $. The only real differences is in a mini-suite you get a little bit larger cabin with a drape between the bed and the pull out sofa bed and the use of the Concierge...which we never used on the STAR... We made our own dinner reservations.

There are 6 BA balcony cabins which are really special if they are available I would try to book one of them......they are located right on the back (Aft) of the ship. If you check out the balcony sizes for these you will see the ones on deck 10 have balconys that are 3 times as big as the standard BA balcony. The ones on deck 9 are about 2 times bigger, and deck 8 are only slightly larger.

This is my personal opinion.......I'm sure you'll find other opinions here on the board as well.

booked an inside so can't help you there but the star has been my favorite ship yet (been on the sun, dream, wind, majesty, sea and star and will be on the jewel this summer)

great itinerary, loved every port, loved the ship, the only thing that was just eh was the departure port of san pedro (but you aren't there long so who cares)

any specific questions let me know and i'll try to help!

I did this cruise in October '05 and it got me hooked on cruising! Beautiful ship. The buffet and non specialty restaurants were ... well let's just say they kept me from gaining weight on my cruise (pretty blah food). But that just my opinion. Cagney's was one of the best meals I've ever had in my life!

Crew was very attentive for the most part. And our room we immaculate! My MIL stayed in a BA balcony. If it is just 2 of you, this would be more than adequate.

The Star is one of our favorites! We've been on her four times. Click on my links below for pictures of both an BA (balcony room), AF (mini-suite). And then, if you really want to be tempted, look at my pictures of an AE Penthouse, AB Penthouse and the Garden Villa (just visited). We loved the 8 day itinerary to Mexico which makes our decision for next winter tough... repeat the Mexican or the Pearl for 9 days.

I have done the Mexican Riviera 4 time now and I love it! I have done it with Carnival, Princess, RCCL, and NCL! I love them all! I really like NCL for the freestyle dining option! We were lucy and got one of those AFT BA cabins, we got it in an Upsell a few weeks before sailing, and I have to say it was well worth the extra $. IF you can try and see if Cabin 10230 or 10730 is available! We were in I believe 10730 and I loved it! We drove down to see the Star last Saturday evening and she was in port facing aft so we got to see our cabin we loved so much! It was so nice we could use our balcony all day and night long due to the fact there was never any wind back there! Some evenings I sat out in the chair reading and listening to the OCean! We even saw dolphins playing in the wake! So if you cn go for one of those cabins!

We were on the Star to the Mexican Riviera Oct 2005 and it's a gorgeous ship. We had a Mini Suite and love the extra space but a balcony room would also be fine (the price difference was only $100or so pp so we went with the Mini Suite). We loved eating at Ginza and enjoyed Teppanyaki. The Martini Clinics were great.

The Star is one of our favorites! We've been on her four times. Click on my links below for pictures of both an BA (balcony room), AF (mini-suite). And then, if you really want to be tempted, look at my pictures of an AE Penthouse, AB Penthouse and the Garden Villa (just visited). We loved the 8 day itinerary to Mexico which makes our decision for next winter tough... repeat the Mexican or the Pearl for 9 days.

Sorry, I don't see the links to the pictures...

Archived