Names of Carnival's Ships-Goofy??

cruzeluver

This is such a minor thing, and would certainly have no impact on whether I choose Carnival again, or go with anothe line, but what is up with the names of Carnival's ships? To me they are, well, just goofy.

The Elation, the Sensation, the Ecstacy.....what next? The Orgasmic? The Aroused? How would you feel about telling your friends and family you've just booked your cruise on the Carnival Snazzy? :D

Perhaps more elegant, sea-sounding names would also help Carnival get away from the trailer-park Wal-Mart reputation.

I know this is silly, and I do really love Carnival. I think they give a lot of bang for the buck, but I cannot in good concience reserve a stateroom on the new Carnival Stunning!!

This is such a minor thing, and would certainly have no impact on whether I choose Carnival again, or go with anothe line, but what is up with the names of Carnival's ships? To me they are, well, just goofy.

The Elation, the Sensation, the Ecstacy.....what next? The Orgasmic? The Aroused? How would you feel about telling your friends and family you've just booked your cruise on the Carnival Snazzy? :D

Perhaps more elegant, sea-sounding names would also help Carnival get away from the trailer-park Wal-Mart reputation.

I know this is silly, and I do really love Carnival. I think they give a lot of bang for the buck, but I cannot in good concience reserve a stateroom on the new Carnival Stunning!!

You named all of the old ships :confused: Look at some other lines, and their names back then, LOL. So you don't like the Splendor, Liberty, Freedom, Valor, Spirit, Miracle, etc???? Do you have suggestions???

You sure seem to have way too much time on your hands to post somehting like this. Who cares what the name of the ship is unless its the Titanic?

Robb

Those are the names of the Fantasy-class ships. The newer ships have much better names (IMO).

Carnival Spirit, Carnival Legend, Carnival Pride, Carnival Miracle

Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory, Carnival Victory, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom

Isn't Goofy a Disney Ship? :confused:

Carnival ship names are a heck of a lot better then HALs. I understand Carnival Corp has decided to hand the Pinnacle project over to HAL. The first of these behemoths is to be called the Godaamm. :D

Im with you, who cares what they are call, I would sail her if she was called Carnival's Peckerhead. As long as she gets me around and feeds me Im happy.

Love that answer!! Sign me up for that ship!:D

Carnival ship names are a heck of a lot better then HALs. I understand Carnival Corp has decided to hand the Pinnacle project over to HAL. The first of these behemoths is to be called the Godaamm. :D

LMAO....

Their first ship was Mardi Gras. Then they added the Festivale, Carnivale (are you seeing a theme here?), Jubilee, Tropicale, Jubilee. All of their earlier ships were meant to convey an especially good time.

Spirit, Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Liberty, Legend, Fascination, Sensation....good names....totally identifiable as Carnival ships, just like the funnels.

The names are just as identifiable as the dazzling interiors. Are some of them "over the top"? Maybe. Do they provide an excellent cruise experience? You betcha!

What's in a name? You'll never mistake the Ecstasy or the Imagination for anything other than Carnival.

Apologies- I forgot that to say anything that can in any way be construed as negative about Carnival is punishable by death.

I did state that I like Carnival very much, no real complaints. I even said that this was a very minor thing.

And since when is it not alright to post about general musings? No, its not because I have too much time on my hands.

First Loud Crack up in the mornings, Thanks !!!! :D

Apologies- I forgot that to say anything that can in any way be construed as negative about Carnival is punishable by death.

I did state that I like Carnival very much, no real complaints. I even said that this was a very minor thing.

And since when is it not alright to post about general musings? No, its not because I have too much time on my hands.

Why would you post something and get mad when people don't agree with you????? :confused: Nobody slammed you... lighten up a little ;)

Main Entry: be·he·moth

Pronunciation: bi-'hE-m&th, 'bE-&-m&th, -"mäth, -"moth

Function: noun

Usage: often attributive

Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin, from Hebrew behEmOth

Date: 14th century

1 often capitalized : a mighty animal described in Job 40:15-24 as an example of the power of God

2 : something of monstrous size or power

Shouldn't the ship (not to be confused with a boat) be called the Godzilladamm?:D

1. Apologies- I forgot that to say anything that can in any way be construed as negative about Carnival is punishable by death.

2. help Carnival get away from the trailer-park Wal-Mart reputation

Cruzeluver, please don't take this as a flame but I pay good money for Carnival cruises and for them to be called trailer-park Wal-Marts thats an insult. Im not saying you said called them that, I just can't figure out where this rep comes from.

Remember just because something cost more doesn't mean its better.

Fred

Okay, let's come up with some better sea-sounding names since the OP isn't offering anything up... :D

The Wave

The Shark

The Whale of the Seas

The Salty Water of the Earth

The Salty Dog

The Smelly Fish

The Buoy

The Buoy and Girl

The Nautica

The Abyssopelagic Zone of the Seas

The Bermuda Triangle

The Predator of the Seas

The Phytoplankton :confused:

The Algae and Seaweed of the Seas

The Tranquil Gentle Breezes of the Sea

I want to be on the Godaamm or the Peckerhead...

RCI will have to counter with Peckerhead of the Seas!

Okay, let's come up with some better sea-sounding names since the OP isn't offering anything up... :D

The Wave

The Shark

The Whale of the Seas

The Salty Water of the Earth

The Salty Dog

The Smelly Fish

The Buoy

The Buoy and Girl

The Nautica

The Abyssopelagic Zone of the Seas

The Bermuda Triangle

The Predator of the Seas

The Phytoplankton :confused:

The Algae and Seaweed of the Seas

The Tranquil Gentle Breezes of the Sea

Please add to your list, "The Funnel Deck of the Seas" or better yet "Big Boobs on the Funnel Deck of the Seas" :D

Archived