What time to they let you board the ship? Also, question about ship coming back

stitch78

Our flight arrives in FLL at 11:15. The boat says it leaves at 4, but what time do they actually let you get on the ship? We don't want to get there and still have to wait a couple hours.

Also,

1) What is the best and cheapest way to get from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to the boat? Is Carnival transportation okay or should we look for a shared van? Taking a cab would be really expensive.

2) After the cruise, our flight leaves just 1.5 hours after the scheduled arrival time of the boat. Boat gets in at 8:00 AM and plane leaves at 9:30 from Miami Airport. I heard we can let Carnival know so we can get off the boat as early as 7:30AM. Then would a cab probably be the fastest way to the airport?

Our flight arrives in FLL at 11:15. The boat says it leaves at 4, but what time do they actually let you get on the ship? We don't want to get there and still have to wait a couple hours.

Also,

1) What is the best and cheapest way to get from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to the boat? Is Carnival transportation okay or should we look for a shared van? Taking a cab would be really expensive.

2) After the cruise, our flight leaves just 1.5 hours after the scheduled arrival time of the boat. Boat gets in at 8:00 AM and plane leaves at 9:30 from Miami Airport. I heard we can let Carnival know so we can get off the boat as early as 7:30AM. Then would a cab probably be the fastest way to the airport?

Well if the boat says so :p

I generally get to the dock around 10:30-11:00 and I'm on the ship by Noonish...

A 9:30 flight??? WOW!! Are you praying for a miracle???? The ship has to clear customs...I've gotten off the ship as late as 10:30. If you are prepared to carry all of your luggage off yourself, then you can do self assist... which will happen around 7'ish IF, IF there are no problems and customs clears the ship early... that is a HUGE IF. You would have to be at the airport by 8:30... you are REALLY pushing it. Carnival recommends no flights before noon or 1 I believe. You would definitely have to do self assist... that is carrying everything, standing in lines with everything, going down stairs, etc.

Well if the boat says so :p

I generally get to the dock around 10:30-11:00 and I'm on the ship by Noonish...

A 9:30 flight??? WOW!! Are you praying for a miracle???? The ship has to clear customs...I've gotten off the ship as late as 10:30. If you are prepared to carry all of your luggage off yourself, then you can do self assist... which will happen around 7'ish IF, IF there are no problems and customs clears the ship early... that is a HUGE IF. You would have to be at the airport by 8:30... you are REALLY pushing it. Carnival recommends no flights before noon or 1 I believe. You would definitely have to do self assist... that is carrying everything, standing in lines with everything, going down stairs, etc.

Agreed, your return flight is cutting it way to close.

Boarding generally begins around noon for ships that are scheduled to leave at 4 pm. Get yourself to the ship as soon as you get off the plane. You will probably have to wait for a while, because there will be people who arrived at the cruise terminal early. They board VIP cruisers first, plus any wedding parties.

For your return flight, that is cutting it way too close! Carnival usually reccomends no flights before 1 pm (depending on which ship). No one can get off the ship before it clears customs, and that is out of the control of Carnival. Sometimes there are delays and the ship gets into port later than scheduled. Even if you do self-debark, I don't think you could make it to the airport in time to check your bags and get through security. I would change that flight to a later flight. Good luck! :)

hi there,

first, your flight home is wayyy to soon after arrival, i honestly don't see how you can make it - our ship arrived at the port before 7am and none of us got of that boat before 10:30 due to customs/immigrations

second, we got on the ship at noon, but about 100 people were already eating, so i assume during the 11am hour they started

have a great trip, but change that return flight :eek:

I emailed Carnival and they said we had to provide the proper documentation showing we had an early flight and said we could leave.

That is totally true. But, there is no guarantee that the ship is going to make it to the port by 8 am as scheduled. Plus, it has to clear cutoms. Carnival will absolutely let you off the ship early if you have an early flight. But, some delays are beyond their control. They can't let you off the ship if customs hasn't cleared the ship. The ship can be delayed getting to the port. Your decision, but to me it would be way too risky.

Well, we are leaving on Sunday and the flight is for the following Sunday. Can't be changed.

Why can't it be changed? Did you book it through Carnival or do it yourself? If you booked it yourself, you might incur some penalty charges for changing to a later flight, but you'd be better off doing it. If you booked through Carnival then just keep your fingers crossed that you'll be able to get off the ship in time to make the flight.

Well, we are leaving on Sunday and the flight is for the following Sunday. Can't be changed.

Then you should try looking at later flights, because there is a great chance you are going to miss your flight. Just because the brochure says you are returning at a certain time, doesn't guarantee you will get off the ship at a certain time. Calling Carnival isn't much help... they have no clue when you are going to be allowed off the ship. It sounds like you aren't willing to listen to us though, and try to get a later flight... so bon voyage!! LOL!!!!!

Also,

You wont have any problem. They will let you off first with the early plane. In addition, the ship will probably dock earlier than the posted time. You'll be fine.

Also,

Also you should be able to go straight from airport to right on the ship with litttle or no wait

i just read the last posts, here is the thing though

with us, immigrations did NOT allow anyone off because several individuals would not report to immigrations - this MUST be done in order for anyone, even those with early air, to get off

next, not only did that happen, but the power went out in customs, it was a nightmare, but we got through it, and yes, people missed flights

Carnival has NO control after immigrations/customs gets them in port

Hope you can change that flight

You wont have any problem. They will let you off first with the early plane. In addition, the ship will probably dock earlier than the posted time. You'll be fine.

How do you know that?? I have gotten off the ship at 10 and 10:30, once with an early flight, the early flight people got off at 10am (Customs, Miami)... and without any problems, with an early flight, got off at 8:30. How can you reassure her that she won't miss her flight??? She has to leave the terminal by 8 and have no problems between there and checkin. Yes, it CAN be done, but it is not a very high probability. Even if the ship docks early, customs has to clear the ship... This is Miami, LOL...

1. Was there a reason why you couldn't fly into Miami?

2. Its recommend to fly in the day before due to Aircraft problems and or delays and cancellations.

3. You will surely miss that 9:30am flight, Boarding starts at 9am, Luggages should be checked in by 8:30am, then you have Security and a long long walk to your gate. I would change the times on that flight now.

4. Fastest way to the airport is via Cab.

5. Please don't blame Carnival in your review when you miss your flight. I don't know anyone thats made a 9:30am flight.

That's really pushing it. I would change my flight. Don't forget you will be standing in line at the airport too. Also if your flight leaves at 9:30 you will be boarding about 20 minutes before. Too close for me:o

I will tell you this, These were my times in March:

6:45am Self Assist was called

7:15am On the Pier and on the bus

8:00am Bus departs and heads to the Airport

8:20am Bus arrives at the Airport

8:45am Inline at the American Airlines E-ticket line

9:10am Got to the Automated E-tickets machine and got stuck.

9:40am On my way to my gate after Help with my e-tickets machine.

9:50am Arrived at the Security Check point, Massive line and detail checks

10:15am Arrived at my gate and finally took off my shoes and waited for my 4pm flight home.

Lastly, try to rush Security at their Check point and your are off to Secondary Period.

Fred

We docked at 7 am but because of problems with the customs/immigratations computer no one, not even early flights or self-assists were allowed off until 11:00am. You just never know. Are there later flights available? We had a 2:00 flight out of FLL and by the time we got there, checked-in (long line ) and then waited at security for 45 minutes, we started boarding about 1/2 hour later. Good Luck!!!!

1. Was there a reason why you couldn't fly into Miami?

We choose the cheapest flight and it only went to FLL.

2. Its recommend to fly in the day before due to Aircraft problems and or delays and cancellations.

We did that on our last cruise and did not like having to come a day early, pay for a hotel room, adn be bored for a day. Already been to Miami - hate the city.

3. You will surely miss that 9:30am flight, Boarding starts at 9am, Luggages should be checked in by 8:30am, then you have Security and a long long walk to your gate. I would change the times on that flight now.

Carnival said that they would do a different customs and let us carry our luggage off the ship as early as 7AM.

4. Fastest way to the airport is via Cab.

Thx.

5. Please don't blame Carnival in your review when you miss your flight. I don't know anyone thats made a 9:30am flight.

Ok

Wow, we were told not to book our return flight till after 11:20 am by Carnival.... we booked 11:35 am. We had no problems with customs docked on time and did VIP disembarkation and didn't get in a cab till 9:20am in Tampa in March..... I swore I would never book that early again it is to stressful.... I can't even imagine 9:30am even without a glitch that will be tricky......

I called Carnival back. Apparently whatever moroon told me we can get off the ship and make it to our flight when I originally asked, was mistaken. So I can write a bad review about the moron who originally told me that !

Calling airline.....

Carnival said that they would do a different customs and let us carry our luggage off the ship as early as 7AM.

Deleted response now that you received the correct information

I called Carnival back. Apparently whatever moroon told me we can get off the ship and make it to our flight when I originally asked, was mistaken. So I can write a bad review about the moron who originally told me that !

Calling airline.....

Um, that's what we have been trying to tell you. The "moron" told you "as early as 7am", not AT 7am. There are no guarantees... he told you that you could get off early for an early flight, and that is true... but there is no way to know what time that will be. He didn't tell you anything wrong... there is just no guarantee.

Archived