Mothers and Lauderettes....QE2 query.

Kindlychap

It's tempting to edit that earlier post!

What I meant of course was that the launderette was noisy and dreadful and that in addition the irons provided were dreadful.

I accept that isn't what I said though!:D

Kindlychap

I look forward to YOU having fun at MY expense, it won't be hard and I promise I will provide plenty of opportunities....

Very best wishes

I the cheapest is to buy a travel iron

This is NOT a good idea since iron are a fire hazard and therefore prohibited in guest staterooms. Launderette area has irons but is built/designed/care for/monitored has a fire hazard area. Please do not bring your iron. A travel steamer is ok and does the job for most wrinkles.

This is NOT a good idea since iron are a fire hazard and therefore prohibited in guest staterooms.

I thought that as well, until my last time on board. There was a notice in the cabin saying that electrical heating appliances that were not thermostatically controlled were prohibited. An iron has a thermostat - they're OK.

An iron has a thermostat - they're OK.

Just got back off the QM2. It was mentioned about electrical heating appliances and only allowing thermostatically controlled devices.

They specifically mentioned that Irons were NOT allowed.

Could this be a difference in ships? Or just that Cunard are giving different information to different people at different times?

Having just got off the QE2 on 30/6/06, I'm inclined to the latter interpretation.

Greener - cruise director - was giving two different times for the "last" collection of luggage on the last night. Once live, once on TV. One agreed with the sheet from the Purser.

The Purser's office were giving a third time still!

Archived