Share ride Gatwick to Dover - July 10

Mister Earl

• 2 weeks later...
Interested in sharing a ride from Gatwick to Dover for the Insignia cruise on 10 July 2006. Arriving in morning on Continental Airlines from Newark, NJ.

Hello Mister Earl. Did you receive a response to your query? We're a family of four arriving Gatwick at 10:00 a.m. July 10 on Continental. We're heading for the Norwegian Dream in Dover. Are we too many or have you made other plans?

Still investigating alternatives.

Are you interested in doing any small touring on the way. Don't want to get to the ship until 4:00 or so in the afternoon.

Will get back to you as to the number. I thinks its OK with a total of six. Will check into the alternatives.

The NCL Dream is scheduled to leave at 4:00 so we didn't want to cut it quite that close. We are interested in a bit of touring which is why we prefer not to take the cruise transport (plus it's $300 for our family). We're waiting for one more cost estimate. Lowest so fare is a mimi-bus that'll seat eight with luggage for 120 pounds ($220). Let me know what you think...

Thanks!

Count us in for the trip sharing the ride on 10 July from Gatwick. Contact me at rayk@technicom.com.

Once you get to the cruise ship terminal, you can always drop off your baggage and take a taxi to Dover Castle

http://www.theheritagetrail.co.uk/castles/dover%20castle.htm

Opening Times

9.30am- 6pm or dusk (whichever earliest) Mar-Nov

Admission Prices

Adults £6 Children £3

Once you get to the cruise ship terminal, you can always drop off your baggage and take a taxi to Dover Castle

http://www.theheritagetrail.co.uk/castles/dover%20castle.htm

Opening Times

9.30am- 6pm or dusk (whichever earliest) Mar-Nov

Admission Prices

Adults £6 Children £3

Thanks for the tip, link, and costs TeeZee. I've been checking out the City of Dover site. Any other recommendations are welcome.

Mr. Earl - I sent email to the address you provided on June 26 and haven't heard back from you. Just wanted to let you know I'm trying to contact you in case my email is in your spam filter. We're getting close to the point where we need to book transportation.

- Kenn

We just got back from Insignia Dover to Dover and I will be posting a full review but for transportation from the airports as well as for touring I can recommend London Country Tours run by David Stubbs. We did not actually meet David himself but his tour guide Jim was the best tour guide we have ever had! Jim picked us up at Gatwick, took us on a one day whirlwind tour of London, picked us up the next day for a whole day tour of the Cotswolds and then picked us up on the third day and took us to Leeds Castle, Canterbury and a quick step onto the White CLiffs before dropping us off at the pier. He drives a US made Ford Conversion Van filled with sodas and water and was the friendliest funniest guy! He added so much to our London trip we all hugged when parting. The prices were outstanding as well. He charges 40 pounds (about $80) to pick 4 of us up and take us to the hotel. The London tour was 195 pounds, the Cotswold tour 245 pounds and the Kent tour with drop off at the ship was also 245 pounds. This is for 4 people! I am sure that David would be just as nice but Jim would be my recommendation if he is available.

Archived