Red Baron

ranchingal

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ranchingal (or anyone else that wants to chime in),

I, too, have a group of 9 going (ages 6 to 65), but not until March, 2007 (Triumph). I would be very interested to hear about your experiences, including booking, how well your questions were answered, how well they "took care" of you on the excursion, and how well they kept to the schedule (i.e. did you feel like you weren't going to get back in time, etc.).

Last time DW and I went, we crowded on the cattle car from the cruiseline and was less than impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any reviews of this excursion? I have a group of nine going in August and thought this might be fun.

Hey ranchingal !!!!

I'm here in Bulverde ! You are so close !!!!

Anyway, (enough of that excitement. ;) )

Back to the research...

We did a Red Baron Charter during Spring Break 2005. Here is a link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=153109

I very, very highly recommend this private charter. It was awesome !

Hey ranchingal !!!!

I'm here in Bulverde ! You are so close !!!!

Anyway' date=' (enough of that excitement. ;) )

Back to the research...

We did a Red Baron Charter during Spring Break 2005. Here is a link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=153109

I very, very highly recommend this private charter. It was awesome !

Wow we are close. BIL and SIL live in Bulverde. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked the Red Baron for the 14th of November for 10, but there are just the two of us right now, took some advice that we could easily find others to go along and share the cost, full day 8:30 - 2:30, the boat cost $750.00 for the day, transportation has been arranged from the blue iguana, 12:00 pp round trip paid to the cab, I've paid the deposit we just have to pay the balance in cash to the crew, did this in St. Thomas and had a ball, watch the other charters go bye with 30-40 people on same size boat. we pretty much can go where we want, soda, fruit platters, lunch and snorkeling gear provided. At posting 8 spots left. If I can't fill it up, Oh well just becomes an expensive blunder on my part, but still a nice excursion. If you want to go email me at aplante@ec.rr.com or repond to this posting, I'll let you know how many are going, who they are and how much cash to bring a couple of days before sailing, if we get 10 people, then it will be $75.00 each plus taxi ride. Less more out of pocket, just spliting the cost equally. dosen't matter if you are on the Miracle or not, let me know and I'll make room for you no up front money, your word my risk!

al

We will have a ball

Zuma...

You will have a great time !

It was easily one of the better excursion we have ever done while cruising.

Have you connected with your roll call yet?

ie: those who are sailing with you?

Have a Blast ! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey ranchingal (or anyone else that wants to chime in),

I, too, have a group of 9 going (ages 6 to 65), but not until March, 2007 (Triumph). I would be very interested to hear about your experiences, including booking, how well your questions were answered, how well they "took care" of you on the excursion, and how well they kept to the schedule (i.e. did you feel like you weren't going to get back in time, etc.).

Last time DW and I went, we crowded on the cattle car from the cruiseline and was less than impressed.

Hope you had (are now having!) fun on your cruise. I really want to know how the Red Baron worked out for you. Give me all the details!!!

GP

I took the Red Baron in Jauary with my family. We all loved the boat. Best experience and excursion we ever had. Swimming with the stingrays amongst friends is a whole lot better than swimming with a million total strangers and a couple of stingrays.

I highly recomend this trip, we are going to be in the Caymans on the inspiration the first week in October and wish we could do it again only this time its just the wife and I without kids.

djp

Hope you had (are now having!) fun on your cruise. I really want to know how the Red Baron worked out for you. Give me all the details!!!

GP

Just back yesterday from the cruise. Fabulous vacation. Re-booked for next year while onboard.

The Red Baron was a great excursion. Mike is a little shy at first, but warmed up with our group of nine real fast. He gives you an idea of how expensive it is to live in Georgetown. Born and raised there. Real nice guy. Everyone enjoyed it even though there wasn't enough wind to sail out to the rays, we saw a lot of starfish and other things on the way.

I have to admit, the rays can be a little intimidating. They want to be hand fed. Pretty cool.

Take him a few beers if you can. He said beer is $43.00 per case there.

We tipped him nicely and he arranged for a cab to pick us up afterward.

He provided fruit, water and soft drinks for our half day. The second stop was great for snorkeling and just swimming. You don't even need to tread water there. Could have stayed forever.

All of our group commented on the "cattle cars" of people on the other boats. Mike took us to a spot away from the crowds. Very, very nice. I highly reccommed you try this excursion.

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like this might be the one to book...

Can you give me an idea of the following:

1) What was your total cost for 9?

2) Were you the only ones on the excursion?

3) Anything to watch out for regarding kids (6-16)?

4) How did you get to the excursion (cost?)

5) How did you get back (Ok, you said, he arranged a cab...how much was that?)

6) What kind of beer did he want ;-)

Thanks,

GP

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like this might be the one to book...

Can you give me an idea of the following:

1) What was your total cost for 9? Cost was $ 400.00 US

2) Were you the only ones on the excursion? Yes , nine of us . One 6 yr old. One of our group got a little queasy, due to the heat I think rather than seasick, so he got her some ice chips. Helped right away

3) Anything to watch out for regarding kids (6-16)? Not at all other than sunscreen!!

4) How did you get to the excursion (cost?)We grabbed a van at the pier. $ 17.00 US I think.

5) How did you get back (Ok, you said, he arranged a cab...how much was that?) A few $ less. Nice driver too.

6) What kind of beer did he want ;-) He drank our Lite and Bud Light, so I imagine any kind would do.

Have fun!!

Tell him we said hello.

I took the Red Baron in Jauary with my family. We all loved the boat. Best experience and excursion we ever had. Swimming with the stingrays amongst friends is a whole lot better than swimming with a million total strangers and a couple of stingrays.

I highly recomend this trip, we are going to be in the Caymans on the inspiration the first week in October and wish we could do it again only this time its just the wife and I without kids.

djp

Dpal, We will be in Cayman first week of October as well (Conquest) on the 5th. I have been trying to get hold of Red Baron for three days via email with no luck. Which boat/excursion did you do? Cost? Trouble getting hold of them?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived