Come check out this site....

cruizinmama

I just found this yesterday and I am going to do this.It is sparkpeople.com

This is my page my.sparkpeople.com/CRUIZINMAMA you can comment, add me to your page etc. (it kind of reminds me of myspace but for people losing weight)We could all be buddies.:) I am soooo siked and I think this will really work/help

I love this site. This is what DH and I have been doing for about 1.5 months now ( me a little longer) I haven't done as well as he has but have lost some. DH has lost 16.5 pounds Everyone should check it out.

Good luck on it.

Cruzinmama - you're a star.

Have signed up this morning...did the weigh in and got the shock of my life and the kick up the backside to spur me into action. I am gobsmacked by my BMI. HOwever, this is as bad as it gets! I mean, if Japan gets their way with the lifting of the ban on whaling, I could be next! No wonder I shuddered everytime I heard "Harpoons at 8'o'clock" !!!

regards,

BIGdasher

cruizinmama - thanks - I joined today and have already completed two of my three goals plus a 45 minute power walk.

To all that have joined sp - help

I'm having some sort of compter glich.......I think? I posted my introduction but I can't seem to access any of the postings once I have accessed the boards I would like to join. Even the technical info didn't help me out but then that's not my thing. So, if any of you wonderful cc people can help me I would be extremely grateful. TIA

Just signed up. I very determined to get to my goal weight by my cruise in November.

Today is my first day with a personal trainer. Hopefully that will help as well. I've signed up for 72 sessions!:eek:

cruizinmama - thanks - I joined today and have already completed two of my three goals plus a 45 minute power walk.

To all that have joined sp - help

I'm having some sort of compter glich.......I think? I posted my introduction but I can't seem to access any of the postings once I have accessed the boards I would like to join. Even the technical info didn't help me out but then that's not my thing. So, if any of you wonderful cc people can help me I would be extremely grateful. TIA

Have you created your sparkpage yet?Also on your account preferences scroll down and there is an add/edit my message board profile button maybe you need to click that.Just some suggestions.Hope it works:)

Cruizinmama - I will give your suggestions a try.........thanks :)

Tamalee - Wow! 72 sessions that's what I call commitment! You will look fabulous by cruise time..believe it...achieve it :D I just started my commitment today and I feel very motivated to reach my goal for my 3 week cruise starting at the end of September. Keep me posted on your progress.

Sorry guys...I thought I had lost the first post and didn't realize it went through......just a bad computer day :o

Cruizinmama - I will give your suggestions a try.....thanks :)

Tamalee - Wow! 72 sessions...now that's commitment! You will look fabulous by cruise time........believe it.......achieve it! I made a commitment today to reach my goal before my 3 week cruise at the end of September. To survive this cruise and still fit into my clothes I have to be at my goal or under. Keep me posted on your progress. ;)

Need to do my spark page...but its all a time thing. And with the exercise/workouts...I think that dog walking counts.

Really need to remember to drink my water. I always tend to eat, rather than drink. Not good.

As for the recipes..they don't translate that well for me...white beans?...cornbread? ..so I am making substitutions - educated ones. Just a pity that someone ate all the cheerios yesterday, and I ended up with weetabix . Weight in next monday...when is everyone else planning to do it?

Better get back to work, before they fire me!

be good!

BD

Bigdasher - the water is the hard part for me as well. You would think that living in the desert I would drink lots of water...but I'm more like a camel. But that is one of the goals I set for myself so I'm going to do it!

Went to the trainer for the first time last night. It went very well. I can still use my legs to sit and my arms to brush my teeth.:D

I usually weigh myself on Monday's. So I'm hoping to have lost at least a little weight.

I also promised myself today that I wouldn't buy anymore clothes until I dropped below 200lbs. I need to some motivation...as if trying on bathing suites the other day wasn't motivation enough:eek:

To all - I could spend hours browsing this website! It has so much info that it’s almost mind boggling. It gives excellent advice and I believe this site is exactly what I need to keep me motivated on reaching and maintaining my goal (key issue to all). I have decided to do a “boot camp” routine with no sugar, no white carbs and no alcohol for 12 weeks. :eek:

Today has been a good one so far. I did a 40 minute weight session followed with a 30 minute power burst walk - 5 mins warm-up - alternating for 20 mins - 1 min fast - 1 min regular then 5 min cool down. I got this method from a book called “Make Over your Metabolism” by Robert Reames. Apparently, this gives you a better cardio workout in a shorter period of time. I’m currently following his exercise routine as well. So, I’m hoping with this regime, the Spark site and my cc friends that I will stay focused for the next 12 weeks. Wish me luck!

Cruzinmama – It looks like your goal weight and mine are about the same. You must be as tall as me?:D I finally got the postings to come up. They took forever to load, it could be my computer but interestingly enough I don’t have this problem with other sites. Your Sparkepage is very impressive!

Bigdasher – The water dilemma, it took me awhile to get use to consuming the required amount daily. I forced myself to have a glass beside me as often as possible. If not, travel with a water bottle. I used to drink a lot of diet pop but that is history now and water is my first choice followed by the other (w)……wine.:D I prefer my water more at room temperature rather really cold from the fridge. I find I drink more when it’s at this temperature. Just keep trying! I’m planning on weighting myself on Sunday and Monday because at present I’m not at home. Our scale at the cottage is different than the one at home which also does your body fat content.

Tootsieroll – I like your username. I used that as a pet name for my daughter when she was little.

Tamalee – How long are your sessions and how often are you going per week? Bathing suit modeling is always strong motivator for getting into shape! :eek:

Having trouble drinking the water. Have done 20oz so far...long way 20 64oz. I ate too much at lunch and now I'm stuffed and need a nap. There's a girl in my office who is on some kind of nutritional suppliment plan from her gym and she's looking good. Maybe I should try that!

canberra - I work out with the trainer for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Very intense..more than I would do on my own. I also try to get in some cardio at this same time.

I also love my wine....don't know if I could go without it for 12 weeks. You are strong!

Just off to bed...but to let you know have done my spark mypage thingy.

I am under the name of IVOIRE .

Cruizinmama..have added a link to your page. If anyone wants me, feel free to do the same, and I will vice versa.

Drank buckets of water, cold and room temp.

Feeling very inadequate that I haven't done the same amount of exercise as some of you. Same amount?...what am I on about, haven't done any. (the world cup was on the telly tonight).

Going to have another glass of guess what and hit the sack.

Nighty night!

BD

PS. Tamalee, you will be using your legs to brush your teeth by the time all the training sessions are over!

OMG...when you write down what you eat it's a shock isn't it!:eek: I am now for sure going on the same diet program my husbands personal trainer gave him.

Two protein shakes a day, snackes and a healty meal. I can do that...can't I;)

Bigdasher - thanks for the laugh this morning...I needed it! I go to the trainer again today. I'm actually looking forward to it!:D

don't tell me the rest of you have fallen off the wagon ?!!

Well,I am now on loads of water and am wishing I had worked harder at the pelvic floor exercises.

I have three long dresses for this cruise ( early oct) and I can't get into any of them. So am rather determined. What do I mean "rather"?..I am Bluudy determined. I am heavier now than I was when I was 43 weeks pregnant..yes, the same pregnancy that resulted in my waterworks being so delicate now!!!

Anyhows off to bed.

Be good,

Bd

If I drink any more water I’ll burst. :eek: Thank goodness my distance to the loo is a short one. I have been so "bluudy" good since Monday my shoulder is sore from all my pats on the back. :) I’ve done cardio everyday and weights on Tuesday and Thursday…yes…yes I know I’m bragging but you know what its like when you first get started you’re so darn enthusiastic. I keep my 18 oz glass of water with me constantly and I can chug 6 to 8oz easily and no I don’t drink beer. I have been at my cottage for the last two weeks and I find it’s easier to keep on track because there are less distractions. It should be interesting next weekend when we head to Pittsburgh for a 50th wedding anniversary and will be gone for three days. The first day will be shopping and I plan to count that as my cardio and my credit card usage as weight training along with carrying my parcels.

Bigdasher/Ivoire – I sent you mail on sparkepeople. You also have a pretty impressive sparkpage as well. I’m not into the photo thing on the computer yet, so mine is very boring. I was informing you that I was born in Scotland. I don’t have too many relative there and haven’t been back since 1988. Your photo of the pipers and the hills in the background brought back fond memories. What cruise are you going on?

Tamalee – Are you still able to move? Try to remember to do your stretches they are so important and I always find a nice warm bath before bed time helps with the pain and stiffness. Keep up the good work!

Water (The Drink of Youth) - Think of drinking water like the first time you had wine or alcohol in general, you had to acquire a taste and that only came with practice. I never thought I would become a waterholic.

I’m about to grab my water glass and head outside to my comfy swing so I can enjoy the magnificent sunset over the lake. :D

ciao

Hi All,

Well after reading through your posts and checking out the Spark People site, I signed up! Looks like a great way to motivate yourself. Having spent many years on and off Weight Watchers, this time I was looking for something different so maybe it will fill the bill.

Does anyone here belong to Curves? And, has it worked out for you? I checked it out today and have an appointment for Monday. Trying to decide between Curves, a regular gym with aerobics, or Jazzercise? Or just stick with my treadmill at home but that gets boring.

Looking forward to losing with you all! Thanks for sharing the link.

Carol

Carol & Jim:

I was a member of curves for a year but I am now a member of a fitness club. Curves is a great way to kick start your excercise program especailly if you haven't done much in the past. It's easy to do and I found the people very friendly. I joined a fitness club because I needed more weight resistence exercises which is key to building mucsles and burning more calories. As we all get older we women have to look after our bones! Good luck! :D

Yes, I did it. One week in and two pounds gone. Would have liked it to have been more- but it is a loss,and its equivalent 4 packets of lard.

I think substituting my weetabix and banana on saturday morning for a scone with jam and clotted cream might have been a factor. There was also the ....visit to the chipper on saturday. We did share the bag of chips..and it was cold and rainy....

Anyhow, back to another week of tuna mixed with salsa and a big salad for lunch. I need to stay away from the bread and drink LOTS of water.

Cruise is on the 7th October, but we leave the UK on the 28th Sept ( via Glasgow airport Canberra).

Hope your weigh-in's are good!

BD

Yesterday morning at the cottage my scale showed a 2 pound loss and a 1.8 loss at home this mornning. I won't do my fat content until later in the day because that is the recommend time to do that type of measurement. This is an area I really want to improve on. My fat content tends be on the higher side for my weight and height. That being said, I'm still happy with my results.

I did fall of the wagon three times :eek:......I had two cookies on Thursday and Friday and I broke down on Sunday and enjoyed a gin & lemonaide......it was sooooo hot that day :D....does that sound like a good excuse eh?

I haven't started my water today because I'm about to head out the door for my hour power walk.

I'm going to have my daugther help me with some pictures for my sparkpage. I hope to do more entries on spark at home because my computer at the cottage is painfully slow.

Have a great day one and all........Tamalee.......how's the body feeling?

Ciao

Archived