private italian shore excursions

We used them in Rome for transportation from the airport to our hotel and a 6-hour tour of Rome the morning/afternoon before embarking on our cruise. They also took us to Civitavecchia and dropped us off right at our ship. We saw so much in such a short time on our tour but did not feel rushed at all. We even made it to a tour of the catacombs outside the city. Our driver Pepe was very friendly, timely, fluent in English and quite knowledgeable. We recommend them highly!

Last July I toured both Florence and Rome with DriverinRome. They were 2 different drivers and I don't remember their names but they were wonderful.

I don't know if they still do it but since they didn't accept credit cards they accepted a personal US check. It sounds unbelievable.

I knew it ahead of time or I might not have even brought a checkbook. It saved me from carrying a lot of dollars or euros.

frandick...............we are booked with them in Oct for Florence, Rome and the Amafli coast. How did they convert the Euros to US dollars. That would be great if we could just write a check.

Carol

They used a conversion table that they had. I believe that it was very fair as the gentleman who was on the trip had a table also.

I did give the gratuity each day in Eu's.

It was $645 for 2 of us for the 2 days.

What's even more unbelievable when I told the driver in Florence that I had to write a check, he said pay tomorrow when you are in Rome.

I would E-Mail DriverInRome to make sure that they still accept checks. If they still don't take credit cards i bet that they do.

Fran

Archived