Leaving Tahiti a day early?

mrskappy

I would like to get off the ship when it gets into Tahiti at 8 PM for an 11:30 flight. Do you think this is possible? I can save over $500 on my flights if I leave the night we arrive in Tahiti bit worried if this is enough time.

Thanks,

Kathy

we are in "the same boat"; we go on the 6/22 tp and need to catch anz at 2 AM late in the night the boat gets back to tahiti; i called princess and they had me talk to someone; they will know to whom you need to talk; this person told me to fax the request in writing; so i did; i saved the fax; also, i was told to remind the purser's office know when we were on board that we had been given permission to do this.

now i realize your schedule is a little tighter than ours--but the last day (on moorea) you could check to make sure the boat was still due to arrive in tahiti on time;if there were any reason why the ship wasn't returning to tahiti on time, you could always get permission to disembark in moorea in time to catch a ferry over to get to the flight; (the ferries don't continue on after a certain time)

hope this helps-

tahitisweetie

I have personal experience with early disembarkation from the Tahitian Princess this past March.

You don't need "permission", since the Passenger-Services-Act does not apply to this itinerary. The only thing you will have to do, is see the Purser's Desk and settle your bill. Once you've accomplished this, they will send someone to your cabin to transport your luggage off the ship for you.

Depending on the time of your flight departure, you may want to consider disembarking on Moorea, and taking the ferry back to Papeete in order to beat the ship. This is what we did, and it worked out fine.

Archived