Turning 2 during cruise- Will Camp Carnival fudge a few days

BPaige

Hello! We are considering a Carnival cruise over Spring Break. IT's a Sun to Sun cruise, my daughter will turn Friday during the cruise. We would like to use Camp Carnival the whole cruise. Does anyone know if they will fudge and let her go the few days before her birthday?

Thanks!

It very plainly states in Carnival's literature that you are the age you are on the first day of the cruise, for the entire cruise. So since your child will be age 1 on the first day of the cruise, she will remain that age for the entire cruise. And since you're cruising during spring break, when the ships are hugely crowded with kids, they really won't allow anyone to fudge on the age.

Hello! We are considering a Carnival cruise over Spring Break. IT's a Sun to Sun cruise, my daughter will turn Friday during the cruise. We would like to use Camp Carnival the whole cruise. Does anyone know if they will fudge and let her go the few days before her birthday?

Thanks!

They definitely won't budge...last summer when I was booking a cruise for us, my daughter didn't turn two until late June. I inquired with the same question and Carnival said nope. I don't blame them though. I ended up booking a New England cruise in late July instead.

You're smart to move it. Hopefully your little one will take to the camp...ours didn't! LOL...if he/she does, you'll be elated and can take a load off...it's a wonderful room full of wonderful activities...and you get the beeper so you'll know if you're needed a.s.a.p.

It very plainly states in Carnival's literature that you are the age you are on the first day of the cruise, for the entire cruise. So since your child will be age 1 on the first day of the cruise, she will remain that age for the entire cruise. And since you're cruising during spring break, when the ships are hugely crowded with kids, they really won't allow anyone to fudge on the age.

As stated above, that is the cruise lines official policy, however, when we went on the Inspiration for a Thanksgiving week cruise, my son's 2nd birthday was the last night of the cruise. When we were bringing my older daughter down to the camp the first night, they saw my son and asked if he was staying, too. I replied that he wasn't 2 yet, birthday in a few days. They said he was welcome to join the group. (And as a holiday cruise, this was also hugely crowded with kids) We tried it out, but he didn't really want to stay, so it didn't work out for us on that cruise. He is now a seasoned cruiser at the ripe old age of 4, and always wants to go to the kids room, he just wasn't ready at age 2. It's hard to judge at that age. We thought he'd like to go, as he loved his daycare at the time, but I guess the thought of being left with strangers didn't sit too well with him. Your Mileage May Vary.

So, I guess that it really depends on the youth staff on each ship as to whether they will bend the rules or not. If it is critical to you that the kid program is available to your 1.99 year old daughter, then I wouldn't risk it. If it is just a bonus if they let her in, then you might get lucky.

Archived