Miracle Review Part 3 Mid Atlantic Passengers

halos

Leaving from the Port of NY may have been a nightmare but it was well worth sailing with folks from NY, PA and (dare I say) NJ...and of course surrounding states. I spent the first 35 years of my life in Philly so I felt right at home. What a GREAT and fun group!! We met a lot of awesome people. One morning we even met a couple in the dining room and the woman grew up right in my neighborhood! What are the chances of that?? The people who got involved with the games (Not so Newlywed Game, Kareoki {sp??}, Carnival Idol) were SO funny. The ship was full of fun folks. It was great.

When we first arrived at the port, because we were so early, after we dropped our bags we headed out to go see the QM2. We watched pax get out of busses, cabs and limos to board her. My oldest DD observed all the pax getting on the QM2 and whispered in my ear...."they look boring."

I cracked up! I had been ooogling the ship and was saying how I'd love to sail her and my DD said, "Mom, please tell me you won't....theses people look like you won't have any fun."

Now, I am not going to say that if you sail the QM2 you are boring, (those are my kids words, not mine) but there was an obvious difference in the clientel. I doubt anyone on the QM2 would respend to the question (Not so Newlywed Game) "Where is the strangest place that you have made whoopie?"

BTW...the Newleyweds answered...'on their balcony'

(that's only slightly adventurous in my opinion)

Anyway, I loved the group on this ship and they made it worth the 3 hour wait in the terminal...so if you are sailing our of NY, be prepared to have a ball!!

Now, there was one incident in line at the pursers desk that turned me off. I've heard stories on this board about people overhearing others remove tips from their S&S card and other things...I had a woman in front of me who had her husbands suit coat in her arms and complained because he tore it. I think she said that there was something sharp pertruding from somewhere (I seriously doubt it) and he tore his coat. She wanted a new coat or she'd sue.

The Carnival purser was polite and gave her the appropriate forms to fill out. I just shook my head. I don't know how these people do their jobs. I hope they have punching bags in the employees quarters so they can vent.

We talked to some people who had complaints about nonsense stuff...most were having a great time and had no complaints, only good things to say.

I have to say it was the biggest ship I have been on yet and it was the best group ever.

More tomorrow.

I grew up in NE Philly (Modena Park). Went to George Washington HS (class of '80). My family is still there so I come down often.

My Mom and Dad were from South Philly (Mom-16th and Porter/Dad-2nd and Fernon). They had me when they lived in South Philly but moved to the NE when I was a year old.

Philly is a great city.

Archived