QM2 Boarding Times

cruiserking

Have any of you recent QM2 travellers had any luck boarding any ealier than the time designated on your ticket?

Many of us who will be sailing on the July 4th cruise have 3:30 pm boarding times. Of course I realize there will be 2600 folks boarding on July 1 and times are staggered in attempt to maintain some form of order.

However, it is always exciting to attempt to extend one's four day trip by an hour or two. Just wondering if anyone has had success in this earlier boarding pursuit. Thanks.

Cruiserking

Cruiserking,

In Southampton they handed out colored boarding cards. We actually witnessed a Cunard Rep. pulling people out of line in the embarkation lounge because their color hadn't yet been called. Don't know if they will be that strict for your cruise. Good luck and enjoy!

Vince

Hello--just to let you know that we also had 3:30 as our embarkation time, and I was disappointed because I wanted to have a chance to explore the ship early, etc, like you. Also, our flight arrived in N.Y. at 9:20 am, and with 4 kids and LOTS of luggage, what do you do? Once we got to the port, they were still disembarking. We found a porter who took our bags, and we just went upstairs to the waiting area. The kids just "plugged in" to their various music headsets, and I struck up a conversation with a wonderful lady next to me(who I then saw EVERYWHERE, all week long--it's not really too big a ship.)Then we just followed the "flow", and when embarkation began, we got right in line. We were on the ship in the first half hour--no questions or remarks. Couldn't have been easier. I hope that it goes as well for you. Enjoy your trip!

On the March 26 Three Continents Cruise, we had a boarding time of 2:30 but showed up at about 12:15. It didn't seem to matter much. The lines were short and boarding times were not checked. We were aboard by 1:00.

Archived