Landmark at Civitavecchia(Rome)

NovaScotian

Could someone let me know of an easy to find landmark(train station, etc) in Civitavecchia, near the port where I could arrange to meet my son who will be there when we disembark the QM 2 on June 22nd to visit Rome.

Thanks, Joel

Could someone let me know of an easy to find landmark(train station, etc) in Civitavecchia, near the port where I could arrange to meet my son who will be there when we disembark the QM 2 on June 22nd to visit Rome.

Thanks, Joel

How about the biggest, most obvious "land"mark there, the Queen Mary! Hard for him to miss that.

Failing that, if he knows the port well (does he live in Rome?) let him suggest somewhere he is OK with and follow his instructions (maybe by mobile 'phone). Or, let Cunard do the transfer for you (easier than him coming to the port and then going back to Rome for the day) and meet somewhere really easy in Rome (Trevi Fountain is my favorite spot, nice and cool).

Hope this helps,

Sorry didn't explain well, my son is from New York and will be at the same port when he returns from Sardinia. So is the point where we disembark just to a gate where he could meet us or are there multiple points where we exit a compound?

Joel

There is a fort / castle / defence tower at the Port Gates. we have been to the port of Civitavecchia twice, once on the Crown Odyssey (walking distance from the gates) and once on the QE2. The QE2 was docked approx 1 mile from the gates. The Fort was used as the drop-off and pick-up point for the shuttle buses. There are some small gardens and benches on the landward side of the fort.

Hope this helps

Archived