What Beach?

ssca

Did you contact the resprts ahead of time? I think I remember going to a beach and paying aobut $10 for chair and a soda.

No, no need to call ahead of time. The chairs are $10 and include a beverage (soda or water). They are stacked right there and you can rent the sports stuff without a reservation as well.

:D Go to Sea Grape beach you won't regret it !

I agree 100% with this person's recommendation! Disclaimer: I do not know this poster or am I related to this poster. I just happen to agree that Sea Grape is a wonderful beach.

We are on the Celebrity Century right after Thanksgiving. Last time we docked in Grand Cayman we rented a tiny car and had a blast seeing the whole island. This time we just want to veg on a nice beach with facilities. Sea Grape seems to be the most recommended. should we expect a big crowd? How far from the dock/port is it? Cost for a taxi?

Crowds will depend on the day and how many ships are in port, yet be happy, there will be plenty of room to spread out. The beach is huge and adjacent to others. Courtyard is just a bit up the road and within walking distance. The beach gets real crowded directly in front of the restaurant, but you can move to the side and be just fine.

It is less than 10 mins by taxi ride. Taxis are plentiful at the pier when you get off the tender and then again they line up and wait to bring you back. It cost us $4 per person each way, but have heard conflicting reports of the price increasing to $5 per person.

We went to "cemetery beach last week" On the way north. Behind a cemetery, hence the name. Very secluded easy access. only about 6 people there all day. Very pretty Beach with soft white sand. But this is more of a snorkel beach,. Once you get in in the water, no more sand. A lot of small rocks and shells. A bit of a swim to the reefs but very nice. No chairs or drinks. Bring a towel an hit the store.

Archived