RCL Diamond Member-New to Europe-A Few Questions

Hi:

As Diamond members with RCL, and 40 cruises overall, we're not new to cruising, but we are new to Europe. We'll be going there next year on the Navigator of the Seas, 10 night Canary Island cruise; that departs from Southampton, England. We're doing a four night pre-stay, with the first two nights in Paris and then to London for two nights before the cruise. The cruise itself leaves from Southampton and goes to Portugal, the Canary Islands, and Vigo, Spain.

I feel there is so much to learn before we take this cruise next year. For anyone who has taken a Med. or European cruise with RCL; is there someone there to meet you at the airport and point you in the right direction? This is my first time to these places and I don't know if it's the fact that it's so far away from home (and although I've cruised a lot):) , it hasn't been to Europe, and I'm feeling a little anxious about it. I'm very excited also, but I just wanted to get as much information as I could before we leave.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

Did you book your air and transfers with RCCL?

We've done 2 Europe cruises with RCCL, and are leaving this week for a British Isles cruise. We flew into Gatwick for a Baltic cruise and into Barcelona for a Med cruise.

On both occasions, someone was waiting with a sign and a smile right outside of customs. The transfers were well done. We're expecting a smooth transfer for the upcoming trip aas well.

Enjoy!

My DW and I did the Canary Island trip last year on the Legend of the Seas, and it was one of our best cruises, only being slightly surpassed this past month with a transatlantic and Baltic's cruise.

We arrived in London a day early, and had a driver take us to Southampton, so we could explore bits of the old city.

Our first stop was Vigo, then on to Lisbon, Cadiz and on to the Canary Islands, and one final stop in Madeira before returning to Southampton. In all of the ports, we prefer to do our own excurisions. I can also recommend a cab driver for you in Lisbon if you would like it.

If you would like more detail, send me your email address to: rby1@earthlink.net

Rick

Hi:

Thank you very much for these two quick replies. That's why I love this board so much. Yes, we always book our flight and transfers with RCL. I know some people prefer to do this on their own, but we've always used RCL for this, and haven't been disappointed yet. I guess I was just worried that we would arrive in Paris and not speaking the language and not finding anyone from RCL there to greet us. My DH and myself, we're not that adventurous that we like to go off on our own, as a lot of people do. And:) we always book our excursions through the ship.

Thanks again.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10

Nick Needs to Know:

I noticed that you're doing a New Years Eve cruise on RCL this year.:D Which ship are you going on? We're booked on the Freedom for New Years Eve this year and the Jewel of the Seas, for New Years Eve next year.

Nick Needs to Know:

I noticed that you're doing a New Years Eve cruise on RCL this year.:D Which ship are you going on? We're booked on the Freedom for New Years Eve this year and the Jewel of the Seas, for New Years Eve next year.

There will be 28 of us on Adventure this New Year's Eve, really looking forward to it!

Nick

Nick Needs to Know:

We were on the Adventure of the Seas, March of this year, and it was without a doubt, probably the best ship and cruise we've been on with RCL and we've been on about 14, with three more booked. You will love the AOS. We loved everything about it and didn't have any complaints at all. Also, it was the only cruise we've ever been on (out of 40) where we didn't encounter rain, not even one day. The ship was great, our table mates were wonderful, as were our wait staff and cabin steward. Our ports of call were also wonderful. I love to snorkle and I had some of the best snorkle excursions ever. We went down a day early and stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan. If we were to go again a day early, I would choose a different hotel. That's about the only thing we would do different. You will have a great time, especially being in a group of 28. We were suppose to go with part of our family last March, and then they cancelled on us, so it was just my husband and myself, but we always seem to have more fun when traveling with friends or family. I would absolutely go again on the AOS. I just wish it was closer. We flew from the midwest to Texas and then a long flight to SJ from there.

Happy C:) ruising......Sparkle 10

Nick Needs to Know:

We were on the Adventure of the Seas, March of this year, and it was without a doubt, probably the best ship and cruise we've been on with RCL and we've been on about 14, with three more booked. You will love the AOS. We loved everything about it and didn't have any complaints at all. Also, it was the only cruise we've ever been on (out of 40) where we didn't encounter rain, not even one day. The ship was great, our table mates were wonderful, as were our wait staff and cabin steward. Our ports of call were also wonderful. I love to snorkle and I had some of the best snorkle excursions ever. We went down a day early and stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan. If we were to go again a day early, I would choose a different hotel. That's about the only thing we would do different. You will have a great time, especially being in a group of 28. We were suppose to go with part of our family last March, and then they cancelled on us, so it was just my husband and myself, but we always seem to have more fun when traveling with friends or family. I would absolutely go again on the AOS. I just wish it was closer. We flew from the midwest to Texas and then a long flight to SJ from there.

Happy C:) ruising......Sparkle 10

Thanks for yet another positive review on Adventure! We're actually doing a unique back to back, Serenade for Christmas and Adventure for New Year's. We have a lot to celebrate this year! We're booked at the Hilton Caribe for one day in between cruises, so, hopefully we've made a good choice...

Happy Cruising!

Nick

Archived