Crowd Expectations for September. Kids? Adults? What to Expect?

GreggV

We are booked on the Glory for 9/25. Has anyone sailed in previous years around this time? I hear a lot about the summer months being packed with children etc. I was wondering what to expect this time of year. With schools going back for the next term and such I am guessing a smaller child crowd but then again I could be wrong. Maybe there will be a smaller crowd over all. Anyone experienced with cruises this time of year?

I would love to hear from you!

[b][size=3][color=darkgreen][/color][/size][/b][b][size=3][color=darkolivegreen]Perfect! September is my favorite month to cruise! Yep, MOST of the kiddies are back in school, and I enjoy the quieter atmosphere. (Love kids, but not when I'm trying to relax, y'know?) There will be some children of all ages on every cruise, but fall is the best time to go, IMO. Bon Voyage! [/color][/size][/b]

September sailings are lightly booked because the kids are back in school. And because its the worst month of[b] HURRICANE SEASON[/b]. Where the ships have to battle thru winds of hundrdeds and hundreds of miles an hour.:eek: And massive waves thousands of feet high, uuuhh really.:eek:
But the prices are low.
We will be cruising this Sep.:D :D

Dan

We did the Glory the third week of September last year. A sign at the pursers desk said they were sold out, which really surprised me that time of year. It never seemed to be over crowded. The kid ratio was way down so it was quiet. I am like Cotton, love kids as long as they are not interfering with my relaxation. We were lucky, they were tracking hurricanes all month, but the weather was fantastic all week.

Have a great cruise
Annie

I was wondering the same thing....There are some great cruise options in September, but I was concerned about the hurricane issue.
I would never attempt to cruise during the summer. I can handle a sprinkling of kids on a cruise, but if there are a lot of them, I would get too easily annoyed.
I don't even know if I would go on a free cruise during the Summer. Yesterday on my flight, I was watching a documentary on the Bermuda Triangle on the Travel Channel. Kinda scary, maybe I will wait until November like I was originally planning!

Dan40. So you are from Pittsburgh. I second the bar stool idea!

We are so excited for our cruise in September. I am not worried about the hurricanes. The ship will steer clear of them and hey if it means different ports that's ok too! i will be on vacation and that is all that counts!

Hurricane season is from [b]JUNE1 THROUGH NOVEMBER30. Its 50/50[/b] So millions of people have cruised during hurricane season without knowing it. Not suprising, the cruiselines DO NOT steer their 500+ million dollar ships into harms way. What happens is they change course to new destinations or you may visit a port that is pretty beat up from a storm.

We have cruised many times during the season and will again this year.

Dan

[quote name='GreggV']For some reason i couldn't find my original post. It was there then gone and now its back. Sorry for the duplicate! I appreciate the feedback as well![/QUOTE]_________________________________________________________________

[b][size=3][color=blue]Gregg, I think I had found your orig. post on page 3.....Things move reeeeeeally fast around here. No prob. Glad we can help.:) [/color][/size][/b]

Archived