V28 on Fantasy?

NorthAlabama

:) Looking ahead...way ahead! I am booked this fall on the Fantasy out of New Orleans...First PRAY for no more hits on New Orleans--next,

has anyone been in V28 on this ship. I know it is an inside room but does

anyone have any idea as to the convenience of this room based on location and also is this room likely to feel more movement than if we were lower in the ship? I have only sailed once prior and was on the

Riviera deck in a oceanview room. Went with inside room this time because...the friend travelling with me is not fond of water but wants to

try a cruise--so we thought if she did not have to go to sleep and wake up looking at the water, it may be a little easier for her. Personally, I think once on the ship, she will forget about her fear of water and will have an absolutely wonderful time!

If anyone has pics of this room, that would be great!

Thanks in advance. :p

has anyone been in V28 on this ship. I know it is an inside room but does anyone have any idea as to the convenience of this room based on location

I haven't been in this cabin, but I've been in a few of the suites/balcony rooms. The pro of this cabin is exactly the convenience and location.

Very little traffic, because there are so few cabins here. You are also right out the door to your left to the pools, grills, and buffets. Then right out the door to your right, you have a small deck that is usually only found on sailaway, and then forgotten and empty the remainder of the cruise.

Also right up the stairs to the great showers and hot tubs in the spa, better than in the cabin, and great if two people are showering/trying to get ready for dinner at the same time.

and also is this room likely to feel more movement than if we were lower in the ship? I have only sailed once prior and was on the Riviera deck in a oceanview room.

It depends on how much you're affected. Did you feel the movement more on your last cruise when you were standing on the Lido deck? If it really didn't make a difference what you felt last time from Riviera to Lido, that should give you an idea.

Went with inside room this time because...the friend travelling with me is not fond of water but wants to try a cruise--so we thought if she did not have to go to sleep and wake up looking at the water, it may be a little easier for her.

The only problem with this theory (not fond of water, but wants to be stranded in the middle of it on sea days?:confused: ) is that while you wont see the water, you will FEEL it. Especially in an inside room, your inner ear is affected more, because your eyes don't see the movement to match up to the feeling. Just think about that regarding your theory.

Good luck.

CJW

I haven't been in this cabin, but I've been in a few of the suites/balcony rooms. The pro of this cabin is exactly the convenience and location.

Very little traffic, because there are so few cabins here. You are also right out the door to your left to the pools, grills, and buffets. Then right out the door to your right, you have a small deck that is usually only found on sailaway, and then forgotten and empty the remainder of the cruise.

Also right up the stairs to the great showers and hot tubs in the spa, better than in the cabin, and great if two people are showering/trying to get ready for dinner at the same time.

Good points and one of my favorite spots before was on the pool at the back on the ship!

It depends on how much you're affected. Did you feel the movement more on your last cruise when you were standing on the Lido deck? If it really didn't make a difference what you felt last time from Riviera to Lido, that should give you an idea.

The movement of the Inspiration when I was on it did not affect me at all. I actually don't remember feeling any movement except some vibration when the engines would be gearing up to go out of port. I had expected to feel more than I did and was pleasantly surprised however, we did have wonderful weather and mostly calm waters.

The only problem with this theory (not fond of water, but wants to be stranded in the middle of it on sea days?:confused: ) is that while you wont see the water, you will FEEL it. Especially in an inside room, your inner ear is affected more, because your eyes don't see the movement to match up to the feeling. Just think about that regarding your theory.

Good luck.

CJW

I had not thought about that. I will mention this to her and ask her again to be sure she still wants to go with this room.

Thanks for your input!

Carolyn

I had V-20 two years ago on the Paradise. Big swells comming out of Long Beach, and had to cancel Catalina Island due to the size of the swells. My first cruise ever. I am not normally concerned with motion sickness.

First night I was bothered by motion in the cabin, and went for a walk on deck. That actually made it worse, as it was a dark and slightly foggy night. Sitting in the bathroom was the worst, mostly from me thinking that the whole cruise was going to be bad for me. After I went to bed, I was fine. The next morning I was not bothered at all by the motion, although I could feel it. Once we left the Catalina area, ship was underway and I didn't feel the motion at all.

If motion sickness is a problem, have your friend take one of the many medications, starting the morning prior to boarding. That is about the only way my mother can enjoy a cruise, as she is very affected by motion sickness. BTW, we will be joining my parents on a cruise in September (our 2nd, their 5th +). She suggested a cabin high and forward, to be close to the Lido deck.

Enjoy your cruise. Cabin location is very quiet, and close to all the action.

Thanks for the suggestion and I will pass that along to her. We will be staying in New Orleans the night before so maybe if she takes something

then she will be ready to go!

Of course, I don't know that it is the motion that concerns her. She is a non-swimmer and is afraid of the water. She is the type that does not even want to drive across a bridge, especially if it in covered or enclosed in any way.

This could be fun! :p

Hey there!

I just wanted to say to you (and any newbie reading this) that in general, you really should take motion sickness medication on any cruise as a preventative regardless of where you are located.

If you start the day before the cruise, then it's already in your system and you're good to go. If you wait until AFTER some unexpected weather comes along, then start feeling sick, then take medication it's going to take about 24 hours (approximately YMMV) for it to kick in and by that time you've already lost past of your vacation.

Take preventative measures, and you'll make the most out of your cruise.

Enjoy!

CJW

On that same motion sickness note. Everything seems to make me feel nauseated. You know when someone sits besides you and shakes their leg-that make me feel sick,or anything on tv swirling makes me sick. You get the idea but I have not felt sick since the first 30 minutes out of port on my first cruise. I am not sure why that is but I do always carry in my luggage some motion sickness remedy just in case but have not had to use it.

Archived