Excursion question

Emmabelle

While in Key West we could book the same snorkel excursion on our own as the one through Carnival for $80 less. If we book this excursion I know Carnival will have to wait for us as well as everyone else who booked through them, if there is some kind of delay getting back to shore from the excursion. But then I'm also thinking that the excursion may be more crowded than if I went with another excursion company. What to do?

While in Key West we could book the same snorkel excursion on our own as the one through Carnival for $80 less. If we book this excursion I know Carnival will have to wait for us as well as everyone else who booked through them, if there is some kind of delay getting back to shore from the excursion. But then I'm also thinking that the excursion may be more crowded than if I went with another excursion company. What to do?

If an excusrsion that Carnival books for you is late, then the ship will wait. If you booked it then you will left behind if late.

So unless the one you can book for yourself is identical from start time, end time, travel time, etc. they won't wait.

The Fury only does two snorkeling excursions a day, one in morning and one in the afternoon and since the ship departs at 2:00pm, I would have to assume that it is the same excursion.

I really wasn't basing my decision on whether or not I would be left behind booking my own excursion, I was actually wondering if I should stay away from The Fury excursion because it may be very crowded since Carnival uses that one, maybe we should go with one of the other two well known companies that do snorkeling excursions.

Archived