NCL Sun New Orleans flight arrival/departure questions

WeenaWeGonnaGo

You'll have to let us know how it works. When is your cruise? We're going in November, but are planning on doing the NCL transfer from the port of Miami to MIA that includes an Everglades tour, so I don't know how our luggage will be handled.

Your comment about customs is interesting. Our first cruise, on the NCL Sea, we actually went "through" customs in one of the big lounges -- well before ever getting our luggage. We gave them our declaration forms and then disembarked and picked up our luggage. Our cruise on the Sun we had to clear Canadian customs, and our last cruise was more of the traditional find your bags then clear customs routine.

Our cruise isn't until February, so we have a lot of time to figure it out. The quicker we get started asking questions and getting answers, though, the more excited that I get! So much of the fun of a cruise comes from the planning, that's for sure!

• 2 months later...

From the responses, I guess 10:50 might be doable, but pushing the envelope a bit.

Problem is, the next flight isn't until almost 4pm. Last January, had to wait at Lauderdale for four hours after being the last off the boat, and that flight left at 3pm!!!

Sitting around MSY for four hours or more.... I am torn between booking the 10:50 and begging to get off the ship first (they still let early flight passengers off earlier?)

From the responses, I guess 10:50 might be doable, but pushing the envelope a bit.

Problem is, the next flight isn't until almost 4pm. Last January, had to wait at Lauderdale for four hours after being the last off the boat, and that flight left at 3pm!!!

Sitting around MSY for four hours or more.... I am torn between booking the 10:50 and begging to get off the ship first (they still let early flight passengers off earlier?)

I'm not on your cruise but am leaving on the 12/31 cruise. I live in NYC.

Hope this will help.

Try the Kayak website - Northwest has a $218 fare leaving indianapolis 8:15AM arriving 10:37 AM. Return 4:51PM Arriving 10:07 PM.

Good luck.

I'm not on your cruise but am leaving on the 12/31 cruise. I live in NYC.

Hope this will help.

Try the Kayak website - Northwest has a $218 fare leaving indianapolis 8:15AM arriving 10:37 AM. Return 4:51PM Arriving 10:07 PM.

Good luck.

A bit of a drive from Montreal! :D

Use the Kayak site all the time. Great for watching the air costs.

Ironically, the NCL Air is $100's cheaper than anything I have found outta YUL (Montreal) so far. If I want to drive 3 hours (plus border wait, sometimes four hours these days) I can get something out of Burlington Vt.

US AirBTV > MSY

MSY > BTV

US.gifUS Airways3:30p arrive 7:55p (5h 25m) return 2:50p arrive 9:16p (5h 26m)

or BTV > MSY

MSY > BTV

US.gifUS Airways 1:15p arrive 7:55p (7h 40m) return 10:55a arrive 5:00p(5h 05m)

$ 339.00

A bit of a drive from Montreal! :D

Use the Kayak site all the time. Great for watching the air costs.

Ironically, the NCL Air is $100's cheaper than anything I have found outta YUL (Montreal) so far. If I want to drive 3 hours (plus border wait, sometimes four hours these days) I can get something out of Burlington Vt.

US AirBTV > MSY

MSY > BTV

US.gifUS Airways3:30p arrive 7:55p (5h 25m) return 2:50p arrive 9:16p (5h 26m)

or BTV > MSY

MSY > BTV

US.gifUS Airways 1:15p arrive 7:55p (7h 40m) return 10:55a arrive 5:00p(5h 05m)

$ 339.00

Sorry must have looked at someone else' post from Indianapolis. I'm surprised that the cruise line is cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
Continuing on a theme, NCL was about half the cost for the hotel package the night before the cruise staying at the Astor Crown Plaza!!!

So we booked the hotel before the cruise thru them too!:eek:

You were lucky. Hotel and air fare were much more for me through the cruise line. Using all the discount resources saved lots of $$$.

You were lucky. Hotel and air fare were much more for me through the cruise line. Using all the discount resources saved lots of $$$.

I'm no too sure how lucky I really am, after all it's $ 570.00, and if I drove to Burlington it'd be only $ 400.00 or so, not quite worth the drive for me.

Looking forward to out stay in the Astor and the last time we took NCL air it was wonderful.

Archived