Flight time ?

aubesmom

We are sailing the Valor on 7/23 no problem finding flight times out, but is it reasonable to think that we could make it to the airport, check in etc and make an 11:30 am flight back on the 30th? We would most likely be using a taxi service to and from the airport and would not do the self assist debarkation. I need to book these flights fast so let me know what you think! Thanks!

Thanks so much! I think we would have no problems then. Do you know if a 4 yo is required to have a car seat in a taxi? This is our biggest drawback as we don't want to have to bring our carseat just for the 8 mile taxi ride. (Don't get me wrong, she is ALWAYS in her carseat (booster) and since it is a booster she can't use it on the plane either.) We might have to use a shuttle service instead of the taxi, hopefully they will operate smoothly and we could still make it?

Hi Debbie, buddy & aubrey, we will be on the same cruise as you, Valor 7-23, you should go over to roll call board and find us.

Our flight time is 1:45pm, we have found that anything before noon is to much of a rush for us and the Cruiseline also suggests a flight after noon time.

We are flying in from California 2 days early to spend some time in Miami.

Hope to see you on board,

~Lyndi

HI thanks, but it is either 11:30 or 4:40. We are flying into Houston and DH has to be at work on Monday so the 4:40 flight would be rough. I just went into the role call and posted there. Can't wait for this cruise!

When you get there tell them what time you have a flight out, they should let you disembark earlier, or if you carry your luggage off the ship yourself then you can leave with the first group of passengers, We've never done this because it looks like a madhouse but it will get you to the airport on time.

You also might pray to whatever entity in which you believe that the ship is not delayed by weather, traffic, Customs, Immigration, Homeland Security, Drug sniffing dogs.

I hope you noted that Carnival recommends flights after 200PM. Please don't blame them if the ship arrives late and you miss your flight.:rolleyes:

Should be no problem making 11:30 am flight if you are doing self-assist and get off quickly. You need to be at the airport 90 minutes ahead, so leave the ship by 9:30 to make your flight at MIA... piece of cake.

Salty Dingo, the OP said they won't be doing self-assist. Do you think they can still make that 11:30am flight.

Personally, I would say you should take the later flight and not risk missing that early a flight especially since you will have a small child with you. What happens if you miss that early flight and can't get a seat on that later flight (highly likely no seats will be available)?

Assuming the ship arrives on time and clears customs on time you should make it to the airport on time (it is fairly close). Since you aren't choosing self-debarcation you would be putting yourself in a more tenuous position. It could really be cutting it close.

Miami usually runs pretty smoothly and early flight folks generally are off by 8 but you can never be 100% sure. Have you considered any flights out of Ft. Lauderdale? True, it's 20 minutes further from port, but there might be better times (like 12:30 or 1 pm). I wouldn't want to wait around until after 4 either!

good luck with your arrangements. I hope the end of your cruise isn't the most stressful for you as that can kind of ruin the whole cruise experience.

bill

Thanks. I have looked into Ft Lauderdale, but it looks like by the time we pay extra costs for transportation and the time to drive etc, we really aren't any better off. I did call Carnival and they said that it should be no problem if we use a taxi.

Just also wanted to point out that Carnival recommends a flight time after 11:45 not 2:00 as previously stated. This is what I was told this morning.

We still haven't decided yet. Waiting for Dh to see if he can get the Monday after off as well. Would certainly make having to wait until the 4:40 flight a little easier.

Thanks again.

Archived