restaurant in Oistins

djaaay

So much enjoy reading the boards. Thanks to all who participate! We are wanting to check out the Oistins street party on Fri. but want to have dinner in a restaurant there. What would be some good choices? Thanks so much!

So much enjoy reading the boards. Thanks to all who participate! We are wanting to check out the Oistins street party on Fri. but want to have dinner in a restaurant there. What would be some good choices? Thanks so much!

Oistins on a Friday night is one big outdoor restaurant.

The seafood comes into the dock and is cooked in big pots or grilled right there.

Here's a pix:

oistins.JPG

So, just come as you are and sample the different vendors product, music and drink.

You'll love it! :)

I would love that but DH is a little squeamish. He doesn't want to do the vendor thing and I don't want to miss the party. Are there any sit down inside restaurants?

Bubba's Sports Bar and Restaurant is the only one I'm familiar with in Oistins as we always just hit the lime (party).

You could also hit the Waterfront Cafe in B-town, which has good food and entertainment nightly for dinner and then cab down to Oistins (15-20 minutes) for the music and drinks.

Lotsa options depending how much you want to spend.

There's a Cheffette accross the street from the Fry, kinda like a McDonalds.

Best!

-b-

• 2 weeks later...

Dj,

If you love fish and want to taste a bit of the "Island Life" Oistins Fish Fry on a Friday night is not to be missed. They have lots of outdoor cookouts like Mr. Barbados mentioned and they also have ppl offering local arts and crats for sale. It is one big happy party atmosphere!! I too am a bit squeamish but let me tell ya...once you taste that fish....it is like no other. They are cooked in oldtime colepots and the flavour is to die for. Oistins is an old fishing village and they are not alot of restaurants in that area. Bubba's is a nice sports bar but it is located in Hastings which is more north than Oistins. There is a Cheffete (a local fast-food restaurant) and a KFC......But you cant go to Oistins Fish fry and eat chicken!!!:) Kidding!! Hope I was some help....if you do go ....I'm sure you will love experiencing some of the local flavour in food and in atmoshpere!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Archived