I NEED HELP RE: JR SUITE in back of EOS

I just went on the RCCL site, we are leaving on 7-14-06 on the EOS and we booked a category D1-balcony room #7332 (somewhat in the middle of the ship). Now I noticed that they are giving discounts in you live in CT on certain rooms (I assume). I was thinking of switching to a junior suite for $200.00 less pp. The only drawback is that it is Room #7694 which is the total back of the ship. Will that matter or should I stay where I am? My husband would love the extra space (little chlostraphobic). I also booked my 4 girls in an inside room, but I am able to switch them to be across the hall from me (not a big deal, they were across from me before too). My main concern is it worth switching for a JS? Will we feel any movement being at the tail end? I have never cruised before so this is all new. They do have JS on level 9 but then I would have to keep my girls on level 7 and I am not comfortable with that at all. I need them near me. I have never had them in a seperate room before either, so this is all new to me. Sorry this is so long, just a little excited about a JS, then nervous too. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!! Lisa:)

Explorer of the seas - snatch up this aft balcony NOW!

The balcony is HUGE and the view is mazing!

You may feel a little vibration, but that will help lull you to sleep.

As with any cruise, if the seas are rough, you will feel it in any cabin.

Explorer of the seas - snatch up this aft balcony NOW!

You wont regret it!

Once you go aft balcony, you wont go back!

What is an AFT balcony, and how do I know that I have it? Have you ever been in one before?????? What do you mean vibration? Is it rockier, I don't know what to do now, please reply back......

What is an AFT balcony, and how do I know that I have it? Have you ever been in one before?????? What do you mean vibration? Is it rockier, I don't know what to do now, please reply back......

AFT: anything from the mid section of the ship to the back of the ship is considered AFT. In this case your junior suite is at the very back of the ship - hence it is referred to as a "true" aft js balcony.

This is a Junior suite cabin. All junior suite cabins have balconies.

(I'm going to assume, here, that you know what a balcony is)

Vibration: have you ever sat on your washing machine during the spin cycle? That is a form of vibration.

The aft balconies can tend to be more movement oriented (rocky and or vibration wise) but any cabin you get above deck 4 is going to be more oriented to movement simply because of how high the deck is.

Going aft for a cabin cuts down on the rocky-ness of the cabin itself. Vibrations are going to be a result of the engine and how well the ship is built.

You are talking deck 7. We usually book higher, on deck 10.

Our last deck 10 aft D1 was on the Mariner. There was a constant lulling vibration caused by the engine. Sometimes it was more noticeable, sometimes not. It never caused us any problems or interfered with our sleep.

And I cant even begin to describe the wonderfull ness of the size of that balcony.....

Quit fretting about it and book the aft junior suite.

You wont be dissapointed!

you have been given very good advice. The "true" aft balcony rooms are highly sought (sp?) after. You woudl be wise to jump on it... especially if the inside across the hall is available for your girls!

So the suspense is killing me... what did you decide to do?

A~:D

I put it on a courtesy hold for 24 hours, I want to get in touch with my husband and see what he has to say about it. Someone just told me how much motion you feel on the back of the boat. I put the hold on RCCL, do I just have to call my TA and have them switch it over? Is there a charge to do that, if not, I should be saving $200.00 and having an AFt balcony JS, my 2 little ones with me and my 2 sixteen year olds should be happy to have a room of their own.

I am still nervous, I will feel the boat or hear noise, is it noisy being back there right smack in the middle? Honest now guys.

Just fell into my lap, put a hold on it, just want to hear what people say about it, has anyone stayed in that one? I sure hope so, so I can get some good advice on this one. I am so scared I will feel the motion or the noise, etc. Let me know the good and bad of it. Thank you guys, I just love CC, best site out there.

Just fell into my lap, put a hold on it, just want to hear what people say about it, has anyone stayed in that one? I sure hope so, so I can get some good advice on this one. I am so scared I will feel the motion or the noise, etc. Let me know the good and bad of it. Thank you guys, I just love CC, best site out there.

If you dont end up taking it someone else is going to end up VERY happy!

Take a look at the thread titled

" Yippee!! We scored cabin #7688 on VOS!! "

This thread talks about a D1 corner AFT balcony cabin on deck 7 on Voyager of the Seas. The poster is excited to get the aft balcony and everyone who is responding is congratulating them.....

You wont be dissapointed...

...we are leaving on 7-14-06 on the EOS ...:)

Hello lisa, just happened to see this post, come over and join us on our thread as we get ready to sail on 7/14 on EOS

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=195525&goto=newpost

We have a Meet & Mingle now up to about 50 and a large group that loves to chat.

Take a look at the thread titled

" Yippee!! We scored cabin #7688 on VOS!! "

This thread talks about a D1 corner AFT balcony cabin on deck 7 on Voyager of the Seas. The poster is excited to get the aft balcony and everyone who is responding is congratulating them.....

You wont be dissapointed...

I'm the aformentioned poster....tee hee....

GO FOR IT!! I've been stalking these aft balcony cabins on the Voyager ever since we booked the cruise. I finally found one, and you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. :D

Enjoy, and don't worry about motion or vibration. Nothing a little extra Bonine won't handle. ;)

My fiance and I just returned from the Radiance of the Seas in Alaska. At final-payment-time an aft-facing balcony opened and we grabbed it.

The view is spectacular, this is a quiet place on the Radicance Class ships because there is no access to public spaces....only people in the halls are our fellow residents.

The BEST perk is the balcony was probably 3 or 4 times larger than balconies along the side of the ship (except for a few "hump" balconies).

We had so much fun that we booked a Radiance sailing in Alaska for our honeymoon in 2007 --- in an aft-facing Junior Suite (one of only two) and searched until we found a sailing with one available.

My fiance has never cruised before and now will not consider anything except an aft-facing balcony.

Whatever you do ...... have a GREAT TIME!

Cathy

Archived