Any tips for tendering??

mickym

I just read TeeBucks review and am wondering if there are any tips for tendering in good time so we don't miss out on any of our tours. We have taken the advise on here and booked all our tours independantly so now I am concerned since it sounds like RCI tenders their tour people first. This is only my second cruise and my first experience with tendering so not sure what to expect and am REALLY not wanting to miss out on anything especially in Juneau where we are limited on time to do what we have planed for that day.

Chances are you will be fine when it comes to tendering. Our ship has an unique experience with this Alakan sailing being the first of the season. Rest assured that there are actually two places ships tender from (or at least there were on the Radiance of the Seas). It just so happened that the one they use for passengers other than RCI tours (in the stern of the ship) had gangway issues that day. The Aft tender area was working properly and since they stage RCI excursion folks in the aft theater, they continued getting those folks to shore.

I only have two suggestions for you. First, if the ship you are on offers tender tickets (Many ships do dock at ports, but our ship was scheduled to tender at them), get in line early. Try to get the early numbers to ensure you disembark early. Secondly, be prepared. If something should go wrong as in my case, be patient and if all else fails, explain your situation to a crew member. In my experiences with RCI (5 cruises) - they have always worked with me to make the experience the most enjoyable possible.

Good luck! You will LOVE Alaska, I know I did!!!

Thanks so much. We will be on the same cruise you were on and will be tendered at three of the four ports. Not to worried about the others but we are kind of tight on time in Juneau and looking forward to the things we are doing there so don't want to miss out on any of our time there.

Archived