Luggage Tags

mrvegas

Just received my e-docs for a Zenith cruise 7/22/06 out of Bayonne. The email stated that we should provide ID and the e-docs at the pier in order to receive luggage tags. Is this normal for Celebrity? All other lines I've been on mailed luggage tags and it was expected the passengers would put their cabin numbers on them and attach them to each piece of luggage before arriving at the pier. Do you receive them from the porters before checking in? Seems more difficult this way.

If you don't use edocs, and instead have the traditional paper stuff sent to you, you get the usual printed luggage tags in a little spiral-bound book.

Some travel agents will only have Celebrity issue edocs, others will let the customer choose. If you book the trip through Celebrity's web site, you can specify in your reservation record if you want edocs or paper docs.

We have used e-docs on our last 3 cruises. There will be an example of the info for your luggage tags in the docs, however all I have ever put on the luggage tags is our cabin number. The porters should either have them with OR know just where to get them, without problem. Just make sure you have a pen with you (I carry a Sharpie)............it only takes a few minutes to take care of this while the porter is loading your baggage, really.....it's no big deal.

Catmand is correct. Taking care of the luggage tags at the port is a very simple thing, and certainly nothing that should cause you any concern. E-docs aren't to be feared anymore than e-tickets for our plane trips...I remember the uproar from people when the airlines went to e-tickets, but now we don't think twice about them.

I do have to wonder about people who choose to make a big deal over such trivial matters. :rolleyes:

I do have to wonder about people who choose to make a big deal over such trivial matters. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your "helpful" reply. I think this was a pretty straight-forward question concerning Celebrity procedures at the port regarding luggage tags - I have no concern over using e-docs and don't see how you inferred that from my original post.

Thanks to all the other posters who gave on-point replies without any sarcasm. I appreciate it.

Thanks for your "helpful" reply. I think this was a pretty straight-forward question concerning Celebrity procedures at the port regarding luggage tags - I have no concern over using e-docs and don't see how you inferred that from my original post.

Thanks to all the other posters who gave on-point replies without any sarcasm. I appreciate it.

That wasn't sarcasm, that was my opinion.

And by the way, ironically, YOUR statement IS sarcastic....putting quotes around the word "helpful" and saying something you don't really feel, like "thanks", makes it so.

From Wikipedia:

Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous or ironic manner and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words.

For what it's worth, I in no way was directing that statement to you, mrvegas, unless you are one of those people I have seen on these forums making a big deal out of not having luggage tags...this isn't the first time this topic has come up. I will continue to wonder about folks who make big deals out of small inconveniences.....making mountains out of mole hills, as my mother used to say.

Catmand is correct. Taking care of the luggage tags at the port is a very simple thing, and certainly nothing that should cause you any concern. E-docs aren't to be feared anymore than e-tickets for our plane trips...I remember the uproar from people when the airlines went to e-tickets, but now we don't think twice about them.

But I think the point is, wouldn't your otherwise very helpful post have stood just as well on its own WITHOUT that last comment? If we're all going to pledge to avoid excessive negativity, then IMO each of us should look to our own posts as a good place to start.

I had e-docs when I sailed out of Bayonne the end of May. Our tags are viewable on both sides so I wrote out address etc on one side and the luggage tag info on the other. The porter meet our car and had blank tags in her pocket. She filled out the tag for us using the info on the personal tags.

Archived