Is anyone live on the Mariner 6-11 voyage?

They're having fun, and the internet is probably as slow as it always is so they don't want to bother with it. ;) I can't remember EVER posting on a board while on a ship, just answer the work e-mails that are urgent and that's it. The Mariner is AWESOME, did it last August and will be there again for the 6/25 sailing, and I'm not surprised they are busy.

Hope they all are having a fabulous time! :)

The Devil made me do it! I had just returned home from watching Monarch OTS sail out of San Diego, on a beautiful sunny late afternoon, with a few people lining the rail, waving and having a great time. Then three Japanese Navy destroyer-type ships and a Dole banana boat (Dole Ecuador) followed her. What a parade!

BTW, thanks for being a good sport.

Happy Cruising

San Diego - lucky you! We just got back from spemding the Memotial Day weekend there. But now it's back to Phoenix (we go to San Diego to cool off and the people from Hades come here for a break!!)

The Mariner is in St. Thomas today but it looks like they may be getting rained on. It's a pretty island so I hope it clears for at least part of their day.

I thought your Chamber of Commerce made you pledge to add "But it's a DRY heat" to any mention of summer temps in AZ !

I'm sure your friends will enjoy their first cruise, with or without the sporadic (we hope) rain. Although, if they are from your area, they might enjoy the green landscapes that go along with the moisture. I went on my first cruise, to Vancouver in May, and really enjoyed all the parks and forests being so cool and green.

Hope all your trips to San Diego are happy ones.

It's true - it is a dry heat...but so is your oven.

I agree with it being really nice going to lush islands like St Thomas. I think I'm about the only person who doesn't care for Aruba because it is a desert just like Arizona (but it has beautiful beaches!)

Did you happen to be on the Coral in May to Vancouver? We had most of our family with us on that trip and had a great time.

I was on Radiance OTS, a 6-night Pac Coastal sailing from SD on May 21, with port calls in San Francisco, Astoria (Oregon), Victoria and then Vancouver. Serenade OTS (a 7-nighter) left the same day and added Nanaimo, BC before Vancouver.

I've never been to Aruba--didn't realize there was anything but the "St. Thomas"-type island over there. I don't drink rum often, and can't limbo, so I figured the Carribean was better left to those who do and can!

Archived