First cruise

My mom and dad are treating my family (myself, dh,dd-19 ds-17 dd-11), my ds and bil and their two boys (18&14) and my brother. Mom and Dad are also going. We are going on Explorer of the Seas leaving out of Bayonne on July 28 for the 9 nights in the eastern caribbean. I have gotten so much useful info on these boards. Lots of great ideas. I can' t wait to go!!!!

We use to travel with our parents often as adults too and now they are even OLDER and no longer like the mega ships so tend to not take us any longer since they no go on the more expensive cruiselines now...but I miss the fun times we had ... so go and have a SUPER time with your parents why you can!!!! My husband and I were just on the Explorer last month without our children and had a BLAST...so you all will have a great one!

That sounds like so much fun! My first cruise was on the Explorer with my two sons, my sil and her three kids, and my other sil and her son. It was a blast, and the kids all loved spending time with their cousins that they don't get to see very often. That was the summer that my kids really bonded with their cousins. Have a great time!

I am sure we will have a blast!! All the kids get along really well. My parents have been on 20+ cruises and just wanted us to experience one. According to them, 5 or 7 nights is just not long enough!! LOL So they opted for 9 nights. Plus we are only about 85 miles from the pier. My sister and brother in law in Maine and will drive down. I am just so excited!! Kind of like being a kid waiting for Christmas!!!!

Archived