Excursion Ideas??

Hello All! My family is going on the Adventure of the Seas on July 30 to the Souther Carribean. I'm curious to know if anyone else has been on and knows of good excursions to go on at the different Islands.

If anyone has any tips please leave a comment. Thanks!!

:rolleyes:

If you are doing the itinerary to the east, here is what we did:

St. Thomas - we went over to St. John for snorkeling

St. Maarten, we went to Pinel Island, but have done the America's Cup Regatta previously, it is a fabulous excursion.

Antigua - Eli's Eco Tour

St. Lucia - Frank's Tour

Barbados - Silvermoon 1 - our favorite excursion on this cruise.

Be sure to check out the Ports of Call Forums in the Forum Jump box at the bottom of this page. You can get sooooooo many ideas of fun things to do on the islands.

Have a great cruise!

Ditto to Sheffie's suggestions:

St. Thomas - we've been to St. John's to snorkle several times

St. Maarten - we've done America's Cup - great excursion. Also really enjoyed the zip line excursion, and hanging out at Orient Beach is also a great way to spend the day

Antigua - Eli's Eco-Tour is our all time favorite

St. Lucia - we really enjoyed our day with Frank. We've also spent the day at Ti Kaye Village, and taken the Land and Sea to Soufriere tour, and enjoyed both

Barbados - we haven't done Silver Moon, but we did do Glory Tours a couple of years ago and thought it was worthwhile. One year we got off the ship and made a deal with a taxi driver to do an all-day tour for about 25/per person. We had done a lot of research before hand, and between our suggestions and his saw a bunch of different things that aren't normally on tours - like the Animal Flower Cave.

Jodi

We did the snuba excursion in St. Thomas and really loved it. The men in the group did the zip line in St. Maarten, and the women and child did the butterfly farm (which was much more enjoyable than it sounds). :)

I really liked Harrisons Cave in Barbados (assuming you are going there). The caves are awesome and I thought worth the $. They drive you down on a tram into the various "rooms" and lecture about key sights as you go.

Hello All! My family is going on the Adventure of the Seas on July 30 to the Souther Carribean. I'm curious to know if anyone else has been on and knows of good excursions to go on at the different Islands.

If anyone has any tips please leave a comment. Thanks!!

:rolleyes:

In St. Thomas, we've done the Sea Trekking, and it was awesome! You put on this helmet and walk around underwater...the scenery is beautiful! It's the coolest feeling, almost like walking on the moon.

We also went snorkeling in St. John's bay, we highly recommend it!

Which itinerary are you doing? How old are the members of your family? What does your family like to do?

Sorry that I didn't post this information earlier :)

The family members are my parents and me(I'm 16)

We love to explore historical things and snorkel, not much for the normal "tourist trap things". My family is not into the drinking and partying scene

We are going to:

San Juan, Puerto Rico; Oranjestad, Aruba; Willemstad, Curacao; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas;

Thankyou so much for everyone's help already :D

Just came back on explorer---Did the ST John beach tour( for a second time) it was as great as the first- ALso in St MArtin- booked the St Barths tour but when we got to boat they were putting sickness bags out and told everyone it could be a very bad ride- we opted out along with several others and the taxi driver taking us back to ship offered a tour of the island for $25pp. It was the best day we had on the entire trip. We saw and did everything in about 3 hours and still had time to shop. I would do it again in a minute.

Not sure if you go to Labadee but we did Malfini beach and it was paradise.....

One other thing- I recommend you find something fun to do in San Juan- we opted to hang out and walk around to the forts and Old San Juan--- worst day of our cruise- was hot and humid and we must have walked 4-5 miles---nothing much to do but shop in places you could over here...They do have a decent Hard Rock CAfe and we had a little lunch at a Mexican cafe- other than that was not the best day at all.

One other thing- I recommend you find something fun to do in San Juan- we opted to hang out and walk around to the forts and Old San Juan--- worst day of our cruise- was hot and humid and we must have walked 4-5 miles---nothing much to do but shop in places you could over here...They do have a decent Hard Rock CAfe and we had a little lunch at a Mexican cafe- other than that was not the best day at all.

I can help you out in Aruba and curaco. In Aruba, the shopping prices were higher than curraco, so wait for curraco. If your ship stays later in Aruba--make reservations for the Flying Fishbone Resturant for dinner. They have their own website or you can access them on Aruba resturants. Make reservations now for whenever you will be traveling. People make reservations months before. Ask for a table nearest to sunset and nearest the water. It was one of the best times we have ever had. You will have to take a cab there--I think it was a 25 minute drive. The experience is very much worth it even with the price of the cab. I think it was about 40 dollars or so. The food is wonderful and I've never ate in those surroundings. We could actually see Mars and venus from our table. Mars has a red glow around it. Ask to point them out for you. In Aruba--for snorkling I would recomend Red Sail Sports Aruba. They picked us up about a block or so from the ship. They were there right on time. They took us over to a hotel which is their head quarters. We had to call by 12 noon to confirm the flying fishbone. We went to the conceire desk and asked her to call. She said she would no problem. Red sails had a beautiful caterman. They served fruit, and lunch type snack foods. All was fresh and good. They had free punch and soda. They had Alcohal drinks after snorkling. They took us to 3 spots. It was about 2 hours longer than the ship and less money. We went to the large wreck, to a coral reef, and to a place were there was thousands of fish. Afterwards, they took us back to the ship. It was a wonderful day. In Curraco, we took the ships excursion to the one that says take a boat to the mariene park and see the tug boat. You want to take the boat there. Past the tug boat you can swim over to the area by a point. The man said advanced snorklers may do this. I took my sons hand who was 13, because I wanted to know where he was. We had our snorkling vests on--so except for my husband ,we stayed on the surface. My husband snorkled down for a closer look. The water is so clear you don't need to. There is a huge wall with coral from top to bottom. It was wonderful! Also there was a good amount of fish around the boat. Even though it is the ships excursion, I would recomend it. Hope this helps. Afterward, we went shopping. My husband picked up a Tag watch there for almost a hundred dollars less than it was in Aruba. Also, I picked up table linens for much less than in Aruba--right on the main shopping street.

Archived