POH Port or Starboard Side?

laura salzy

Which side of the Pride of Hawaii has better views when docked in the islands? We're booked on October 2 and have port side but I'm not sure if we'll have good views when docked. This is our 25th anniversary and I want to be able to enjoy the balcony. I called NCL today and they said it will depend on how the ship pulls in but maybe some of you who have sailed on it this week can help. Costing too much money to face a pier and have no view! Thanks for your help.

we were on the port side on pride of hawaii's inaugural voyage and all we saw were buildings in almost on every island except for Kona they tender you to the pier and Honolulu we had a nice balcony and all we saw were buildings although when we cruised the coast of napali we had a real good view cos we were port aft. hOpe this helps some.

Yes, very helpful. Thanks very much. Sounds like starboard is the better side when docked but port is great for the sailing past the Napali coast. Hmmmm. My husband has already stopped listening to me and we have over 3 months to sailing!

You have figured right:) We were Starboard on the PoAM and loved the great views while docked and we were the first to see the volcano - but the ship does a full circle. The Napali coast is on the port side, but I found the view from the Aloha Cafe - outdoors seating area to be great. Also watch on the Starboard side for dolphins.

Archived