Teen excursions.......

lgates63

We are booked on the Triumph for February 2007. I've heard about teen only excursions - does anyone know about these?

I'll be honest, they make me a little nervous.....are the excursions well supervised? Are they fun for the kids?

We were planning to book excursions in advance - possibly as Christmas gifts, but don't want to mess up anything the older kids might really want to do. Can you cancel, change an excursion once you are on board?

Thanks!

We are booked on the Triumph for February 2007. I've heard about teen only excursions - does anyone know about these?

I'll be honest, they make me a little nervous.....are the excursions well supervised? Are they fun for the kids?

We were planning to book excursions in advance - possibly as Christmas gifts, but don't want to mess up anything the older kids might really want to do. Can you cancel, change an excursion once you are on board?

Thanks!

I had my 14 year old grandson and one of his friends on the Miracle in January. They both were in the Teen club. It seems on each cruise the Camp Carnival/Teeners have their own shore excursion. On our cruise, they did the tubing trip and had a great time. Supervision was great! Camp/Teen counselors accompany the trips.

It didn't take the boys 24 hours to find friends to hang out with; they all went to the teen dances in the disco together, played Play Station, Arcade, ate ice cream until it came out their ears. They were up and out before I even got out of bed and came back to the cabin right after the dance and a snack.

My grandson cruises with me once a year and a couple of rules apply. Firstly, we meet at the cabin or Lido Deck or some other place on the ship every couple of hours. Just to touch base and make sure all is OK. In the evening, after the dance, he can get something to eat and then he must be back to the cabin by 1230 midnight unless there is some organized activity. He is well-traveled and a very responsible kid but I recognize he is only 14 (now 15) and we all know teen-agers are NUTS!:cool:

FYI: I also insist he join me at the Captains Welcome party, in proper attire and he attends the Past Guest Party, also properly attired. He has been cruising with me since he was 8 so is used to that...even though he may not be in complete agreement with me.....HA! It never hurts to put those good manners into practice once in a while. HA!:)

The Carnival rep told me that the teens vote on each cruise to decide which teen excursion they will do. They only offer one teen excursion per trip and you don't know what it will be until you are actually on the ship. We have never booked Carnival excursions, so I don't know about cancellations or changes there.

Karen

Archived