Have you flown to Barcelona with X air?

nsshel

Anyone know how X air flies you to Barcelona? Do they use a charter out of JFK? Or regular airlines? I have checked many flights and all seem to be about double the cost of Celebrity's air. We have always booked our own or done custom air thru X but I'm not sure what to do in this situation.

We did not use X air. Booked directly with Delta using FF miles. One suggestion...use custom air if you book with them and check out the flights you want beforehand. If you fly though Charles De Gaulle make sure that you have at least 2-3 hours between flights. Changing there on the way to BCN was a nightmare. Good luck!

Hi!

We booked X air from Houston to Barcelona in October 2005. Flew British Air direct to London Gatwick and Iberia from Gatwick to Barcelona. Had a 2 hour layover at Gatwick and everything went smoothly from there to Barcelona.

Gitana:)

CENTURY - JULY 2006

MILLENNIUM - OCTOBER 2005

Hi,

Checking airfares to Barcelona from Jfk, the best deal is on Aer Lingus with a connection in Dublin. Just bought tickets for our October T/A on Century @ $355.00 per person. Add in $93.00 per back from Miami and total air is $448.00 per person. X wanted $700.00 each. Over a $500.00 savings. We love Celebrity but their airfares are absurd.

Danny

X does weird pricing for B2B cruises. They quoted $984 pp for a planned Century Med sailing and crossing. Do you plan flights for the previous day as well?

Hi,

Checking airfares to Barcelona from Jfk, the best deal is on Aer Lingus with a connection in Dublin. Just bought tickets for our October T/A on Century @ $355.00 per person. Add in $93.00 per back from Miami and total air is $448.00 per person. X wanted $700.00 each. Over a $500.00 savings. We love Celebrity but their airfares are absurd.

Danny

How did you book this? I tried to do it online and it wouldn't let me go from JFK to Barcelona. It only gave Dublin as a choice. Then I tried to do as multicity and it says I have to call them.

Hi,

Danny

Is there a direct connection to Barcelona? I also checked it on line and couldn't see the connection to Spain.

Anyone know how X air flies you to Barcelona? Do they use a charter out of JFK? Or regular airlines? I have checked many flights and all seem to be about double the cost of Celebrity's air. We have always booked our own or done custom air thru X but I'm not sure what to do in this situation.

We used X air in 2003 from sacramento to Barcelona and return.

The flight going was good, but you have to watch deGalle it is very hard on connections.

Comming home was more FUN:rolleyes: we left Barcelona an hour late, but the plane was full of X cruise passengers and when we arrived at deGalle there were agents waiting for us with busses, mini busses, and golf carts to try and get us to connections. The Point is I do not think this would have happened with had our own air.

I have found that using X air seems to work good, plus you get all the transfers etc as well.

I do think that you need to look at custom air as we do living in Sacramento, CA. As far as I know they use commercial all the time.

mike:)

Just returned from the 5-26-06 med sailing on the Mlle. Venice to Barcelona. Had X do all air. Had no special requests. Flew into Venice on Air France. The best International flight I have ever had. Only had 1 hr to make the connection at CDG in Paris. While waiting in the long lines to get thru security Air France personnel came out and asked everyone who was going on to Venice to follow them. We were then taken to another security check point. Plane was about 20 minuted late leaving venice. We made the connection. Coming home they had us all the way on US Air. These were the best flights I have ever had from any cruise line. This was our eighth cruise. Coming in to Paris and going from Barcelona the airlines used remote gates. (Had to bus you into and out of the terminals).

For those who have asked.......

You need to book in two segments. JFK-DUB and DUB-BCN. There is two hours between arrival and departure in Dublin and the connection IS legal. They will check your luggage thru to BCN at JFK when you present both tickets.

Good luck to all.......

Danny

Last summer, we used RCCL's airfare to Barcelona, which is probably the same set up as Celebrity.

We flew from Charlotte to Atlanta, and then non-stop to Barcelona. We also used RCCL's hotel option for a day on each end. We flew Delta both ways and it was very nice. The cost was comparable to a regular flight, but by the time you factor in the free transfers from the airport to the hotel, and then on to the ship the next day, and reverse it coming back, The added cost of the hotel through RCCL pretty much evened out, and it was wonderful to not have any hassles or worries about transfers and shuttles.

In my opinion, anything to reduce the stress of an international flight is well worth a slight added cost.

Allen

November 2005 Air France/Dulles to Paris/Paris to Barcelona

It was remarkable! We arrived late in Paris and Air France customer service met us (about 20 people) as we got off the plane, put us in warm vans, led us to customs and then took us on a bus to the plane to Barcelona.

I watch the fares and did not find a better fare than X this time.

In my experience, I have come across very few situations when the cruise line air is of any advantage over purchasing your own air. Granted, I have never taken advantage of my status to use custom air without a fee. It's just that every time that I have compared the cost of cruise line air vs. air purchased on my own, the latter always comes out way ahead. You really need to do good research to make a cost conscious decision.

Archived