Mom and daughter only ?

travelling fools

No, not if you are not leaving the US. To travel out of the country, if asked, you would have to produce a notarized letter stating that permission was granted for you to take your daughter.

Think of it like this. If you wanted to drive or fly to a neighboring state, would you need a notarized letter?

All I know is that when I did the Pride of Aloha repo cruise from SF to LA I was told I needed the document. We were on an American flagged ship with no foreign ports. No one ever asked to see the document, but I was told prior to the cruise I needed it. Since it is so easy to type up and have signed you may just as well bring it with you.

All I know is that when I did the Pride of Aloha repo cruise from SF to LA I was told I needed the document. We were on an American flagged ship with no foreign ports. No one ever asked to see the document, but I was told prior to the cruise I needed it. Since it is so easy to type up and have signed you may just as well bring it with you.

I would get it notarized, just to be safe.

Also check with your airlines - many airlines will indicate that they require such proof when traveling with just one of the parents.

w/i US most airlines / cruiselines won't check, but it would be my luck to be travelling during an "Amber Alert" and get stuck somewhere because I didn't have it.

As to the notary - most banks have an notary and will notarize at no charge as part of your basic bank "membership".

Archived