Santorini question

I will be in Santorini from 7:00am until 11:00pm. I am interested in seeing the village of Fira and would also like to go on a boat tour that visits the volcano, hot springs and Oia. The tour company says that they return to the port "after sunset". No where does it say what time that would be. Has anyone done this tour? I certainly don't want to miss the ship! Thanks for your help.

The tour company says that they return to the port "after sunset". No where does it say what time that would be.

I haven't done the tour, but did see the sunset in Oia. This site gives sunrise/sunset times - click on the calendar for Athens and it will tell you when the sunset time is for the day that you will be there. (Athens is probably the closest international city to Santorini, on this site) http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

I will be in Santorini from 7:00am until 11:00pm. I am interested in seeing the village of Fira and would also like to go on a boat tour that visits the volcano, hot springs and Oia. The tour company says that they return to the port "after sunset". No where does it say what time that would be. Has anyone done this tour? I certainly don't want to miss the ship! Thanks for your help.

We did this tour about 3 weeks ago, we got back to the port around 9pm.

Itsanita,

Can you please provide me with some information about this excursion, including the company you contacted? Was it worth it? Did you enjoy it? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. We will be traveling next month on Millennium.

Thanks!

Michelle

Itsanita,

Can you please provide me with some information about this excursion, including the company you contacted? Was it worth it? Did you enjoy it? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. We will be traveling next month on Millennium.

Thanks!

Michelle

We did this trip about 3 weeks ago. The sailing ship is an exact replica of a schooner. We sailed from the port of Fira (same place the ship tender lets you off) and cruised throughout the Caldera area. From around 4pm to 9pm. We went to the Nea Kameni Volcano, and we walked to the crater’s rim. Its a long hike, up hill and its hot. Took about 45 minutes. We brought water with us, you can also buy water and soda and beer on the sailboat. The guide that takes you up stops frequently for breaks, explaining the history of the area as well as telling different stories about the volcano etc. We enjoyed it, others remained on the sailboat, others walked around on their own. We then got back on the boat and sailed to the HOT Springs, where we swam for an hour or so (the springs are only warm, and the swim to get to them is cool to cold depending on what your used too!!). Several folks on the sailboat choose to stay onboard and watch the others swim. To swim to the "hot springs" you must be a rather good swimmer...although they do offer life vests for those who want them. After that, we were sevred a free meal comprised of traditional Greek hor-d’oeuvres and Santorinian wine. We then sailed back to Fira listening to live music while the sun was setting into the sea. A truly wonderful way to end our day in Santorini. We reserved this trip on line with a lovely girl named Kris. When we stopped in Fira that morning to pay and pick up our tickets, she treated us to a “coffee” of our choice while sitting on a beautiful balcony overlooking the sea.

You can email her with questions etc at enigma2@otenet.gr

Price was 40 euro per person.

I haven't done the tour, but did see the sunset in Oia. This site gives sunrise/sunset times - click on the calendar for Athens and it will tell you when the sunset time is for the day that you will be there. (Athens is probably the closest international city to Santorini, on this site) http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

Susan, what a great website! Thanks for sharing. As always, you are always full of great information!

Susan, what a great website! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you ... just passing along some of the great info that I got here last year prior to our cruise :)

How are your plans coming along? Not long now before you leave!

Thank you ... just passing along some of the great info that I got here last year prior to our cruise :)

How are your plans coming along? Not long now before you leave!

Thanks for asking! I promise I'm going to go and take tons of notes and try and give back to others who are planning future cruises!

Thanks to you, I think my Villefranche/Eze/Monaco plans via bus/train combo are all set! I wouldn't have been able to figure it all out without your help. I totally appreciate it!

We will be visiting Santorini again next month. We will be using Mr. Nikos's services again (professional photographer and tour guide). For the list of pictureque places to visit on Santorini, you can check out their web site at http://www.santoriniprivatetours.com

Thanks everybody for the idea and info on the sunset boat trip. We will be able to do the tour with Nikos from 08:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. followed by this sunset boat trip!

Kim

Thank you, itsanita! I did contact Kris by email. Was your experience that she just said to call upon arrival and tell her we emailed? I did not receive a "reservation" per se. Also, do you know the website for their trips? When she responded, Kris seemed to think I had already seen one even though I asked if she could provide one. I've emailed her back to ask, but have received no response. Can you point me in the cyber direction?!?!

Thanks again! I'm really looking forward to ending our day there with this excursion, but I'm not feeling real comfortable about my "reservation"!

Michelle

Michelle,

We did not get a reservation number or anything either...It made me nervous, but when we got there that morning, they knew just who I was and we had no trouble at all. Here is a web site link..its long, you may need to type it in by hand.

http://www.united-hellas.com/tourism/santorini/sailing-cruises-tours/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

My husband is disabled but can walk short distances. I will be pushing him in a wheelchair - to anyone who has arrived via cruise ship at this port, what is it like? I understand there are some stairs to the cable car - I can push him up some hills but I am worried about stairs. If only a few, he can make them on his own. I need someone who's actually been there to tell me the layout and actual conditions. If anyone knows, thank you!

Archived