Cuban Food in Tampa

Muumuu

There is the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, as well as any number of sandwich shops where you can get a great Cuban and some flan to go with your cafe con leche. There are also any number of wanna-be's that aren't really Cuban. Gotta be careful for them.

Muumuu.....

I am from Tampa and all of my family and friends still live there.

There is a "hole in the wall" great "authentic" cuban food restaurant called "El Gallo de Oro". It is located at 4007 Armenia Avenue and their phone number is (813) 873-8008.

From Channelside, where the ship docks, it is about a 15 minute drive.

On the previous message there was a list of other restaurants and bakeries. "La Segunda Central" on 15th Street, is one of the most popular bakeries. They make the cuban bread for almost all of the restaurants in Tampa. Their pastires are wonderful!

If you cannot get to Armenia Avenue, the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City is a famous landmark and with good Spanish/Cuban food. It's more of a tourist restaurant, whereas the "hole in the wall" is where all of the locals go.

Makes me homesick!

cruzinpsychamp.....

I have not been to that restaurant. Need to go there the next time I go back home! New Tampa is about 45 minutes from my father's house. To be able to get a "original" type cuban sandwich is a real find! If you are ever in Ybor City, go the the Tropicana Restaurant on 7th Avenue and get a cuban sandwich. Also try their cafe con leche! Okay I have got to stop this because I am craving the cuban food!

New Tampa is about 45 minutes from Channelside, where the ship departs. It is near Tampa Palms and that area. They call it New Tampa because most of the construction were new homes. New Tampa has been around for at least 10 years.

The reason I gave you the "Gall de Oro" on Armenia Avenue and then Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, is that they are closer to the Port.

I have never been to the restaurant in New Tampa.

My grandparents are from Cuba and Spain.

I am very picky about cuban or spanish food, as I grew up eating it.

There are many good cuban and spanish restaurants Tampa. I only gave muumuu the closest ones to the Channelside Cruise Port, as I thought he was leaving on a cruise from Tampa.

Archived