Live From The Crown !!

cruisesusie

Hi Everyone,

Its Thursday morning and the sun is shining and it promises to be a beautiful day. The ship is gorgeous. Although I'm sure each week will be different as far as times go, here is our experience. We arrived at the pier at 11:15 and were on the ship at 11:45. Very easy parking. The food so far has been very good. We were told by others that it was crowded around 1:00. Here are some notes:

Don't miss Maurizio in Crooners. He's fantastic.

The linens are extremely soft and pillows and comforter are wonderful.

MUTS is very loud. If that bothers you, sit in another area.

If you want to go to either of the specialty restaurants, make reservations as soon as you board - they fill up quickly.

That's all I can think of for now. If anyone has questions, please ask. Several of us will be checking this thread daily and will be happy to answer any questions. Off to the pool and then our meeting with fellow cruise critic members.

Susan

Thank you for taking the time to give us a live report. I'm glad that you're having good weather. I've been so obsessed with this ship ever since we booked her. We can't wait to hear more about it. Have a wonderful cruise.

Susan, thanks for posting from the Crown. What category of cabin are you in. Is it true now that all cabins have nicer sheets and now have comforters and not just the minisuites and suites?

Hi Susan, and thank you so much for taking time from you vacation to post. I was so anxious to hear anything from the Crown - like a little kid in a candy store (or my Grandmother waiting to go to Bingo - lol). Anyway, I'm so grateful - I don't think I'd take the time to do what so many of you do!

A few questions (if you or anyone could answer)...

...(1) What movies are they showing at night on MUTS?

...(2) What nights are formal nights?

...(3) Are the menus any different from other Princess cruises? What's good?

...(4) Any other details you're willing to share are appreciated!!!!!

I booked this cruise almost a year ago and now I only have another 17 days to wait (July 02nd sailing) - don't mean to rush your vacation, but I hope it gets here soon!

Have a great rest of your cruise!

I'm glad you're having a great time and the ship is a perfect as everyone has said it is. If you can please take a look at the mini-suites and see if there's any difference between them and the ones on the Grand, Golden and Caribbean - I have heard differing things. Also, what are the charges for the food at the International Café?

Actually any info or pictures you can share will be appreciated! With Princess being so tight on releasing details I want as much as I can get.

Enjoy your vacation!! (And smile knowing that we are all green with envy.)

Susan,

I noticed on the Princess website that the description for Cafe Caribe and Horizon Court was not listed as it is for the Caribbean Princess---open 24 hours. Is the Cafe Caribe open for Buffet 24 hours or has that been replaced by the International Cafe being open 24 hours.

Also, CP had 3 nights of Seafood Buffet with Grilled Lobster, Lobster Claws, King Crab Legs---it will be interesting if that hold true for the Crown

Thanks, and have a Great Cruise.

Pat

We booked our Crown cruise months ago, and I have months to wait! Reading this tiny bit of information has made me giddy with excitement, but unlike most of you, I don't want the details... I want this cruise to be an unfolding of events and sights during the cruise, rather than months prior. A kind of surprise. But I am very excited to be going.

What a perfect opportunity to exercise patience. My weakness. :rolleyes:

Very curious about the new wine and seafood bar. What kind of seafood offerings are available? Caviar by chance? How are the prices and is everything an extra charge or just certain items?

How about music in the evenings for dancing? Latin? Top 40? Is there a house band?

Thanks!

Susan, thank you so much for your info.

I am also interested in Vines and what they have to offer.

If you or anyone else has access to a mini suite, I'd love to see some photos of the cabin and bathroom.

What about the Sanctuary? I understand it's first come, first served, but how are they handling the pax who want to use the space? Is there a time limit to your stay?

Right now, that's about it, except for photos, which we're all dying to see.

Thanks again! ;)

Thank you Susan for taking the time from your vacation to share your wonderful experience with us. We have been waiting with baited breath to hear anything about this fantastic ship. I too, am interested in the mini suite. We will be sailing on 8/25 in cabin D204. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Have a great time and I hope it's smooth sailing all the way!

Helane

Hi Susan,

I hope you are having a great time!!!

If you happen to see a tall dark haired drummer named Tim B. in one of the clubs please tell him Mike M. says hi from San Diego. He just contracted with Princess and left town about a month ago. I have known him for about 25 years and he is a great person.

Take care!

Mike

I can answer some of your questions. I'll check out the others later on. We're in a mini-suite. I didn't notice any difference from the minis on Grrand, etc.except for the updated linens and flat screen TVs. We checked Sabitini's menu and, although we ate there before, I don't remember the old menu so its hard to compare. They told us there were slight changes. We're going to the Crown Grille tonight and I'll report on it tomorrow. I'l take a walk by the kid's pool area later and check it out.

The hours of Horizon Court have changed. They close it at 5:30 and set up the buffet in Caribe Cafe. . I'll check out Vines and International Cafe now and let you know. We haven't been to the Sactuary yet. We don't usually eat in the dining room so I can't answer about the piano player. I'll ask some of the others in the group if they know.

Susan

That's a lot of flat-screens to be putting two in every mini!

THANK YOU SUSAN!! I can't wait for your review of the Crown Grille tomorrow - I always enjoy a good steak and have eaten at Sterling before. I hope they still have the spinach dip for an app. :p

Who is the head chef on the Crown - I heard that he was previously on the Carribean Princess. I believe his first name is Mickelle (not sure on the spelling). He was on the Carribean Princess last year and I have an autographed cook book from him.

Thanks

Rick

Thanks Susan..........I am surprised that the minis have flat screen tvs. I just called Princess the other day and they insisted the tvs were not flat screen. Just par for the course. Does the bathtub have jacuzzi jets? Is there ample storage space?

Enjoy!

Helane

Archived