Another FLL V.S Miami question

nycruiser2006

Ok - here is my issue. We are flying into FLL but cruise out of Miami. We don't know whether to stay in Miami or FLL. Dates are 2/17/07 so everything is expensive in either area. There is no need to stay on 17th st because we are not cruising out of there. I grew up in Miami so I know that most areas really are not the most desirable to stay in. We don't know whether to book Dania, Weston, Davie or try near the port in Miami. We will have our 84 yr old mother in-law with us and we can't have a hotel with elevator issues. She has a hard time with stairs.

FYI: we will probably have a rental car.

What do you think?

Thanks to all - Mary

Mary, since you are familiar with the area and you'll have a rental car, why not stick with the Broward or Dade western suburbs where there are plenty of fine hotels at reasonable prices. Plenty of nice Marriott properties in the burbs at half the price of the hotels closer to the ports...;)

Mary, since you are familiar with the area and you'll have a rental car, why not stick with the Broward or Dade western suburbs where there are plenty of fine hotels at reasonable prices. Plenty of nice Marriott properties in the burbs at half the price of the hotels closer to the ports...;)

Thanks - Bequia. I had hoped you would post an answer. BTW - is Tugboat Annie still in business? I used to LOVE that place when I was in Florida.

• 3 weeks later...

Read about your post mentioning Tugboat Annie's! No, it's been renamed as something else at least once and since closed! We used to go there also, I'm a local!

For your hotel, try Miramar, FL. In the western part, near I75 they have built quite a few brand new middle of the road brand hotels like Hilton Garden Inn for example.

Pennstategal

Archived