Jr. suite perks?

Lisa,

Sorry, I realized I didn't answer your other question. We have not had an aft JS on Explorer or another Voyager Class (we've been on all 5 Voyager Class). Our only aft was 1688, a regular balcony cabin (though much larger than any other regular balcony cabin due to its position on the corner of deck 10).

Because of the walking situation I mentioned, we've become partial to the JS cabins on the hump.

Nevertheless, if it weren't for my parents' elderly situation, I'd probably always go for an aft if I could get it.

Although we haven't had the aft balcony/superstructure view problem, my guess would be that you would find, as LogansDad says, that you don't even notice the superstructure after the first few hours. We had a balcony cabin once, on the side, with the view partially blocked by the ship's cleaning tower. It's hard to describe, but it did block our view toward the aft somewhat. I was annoyed at first, but didn't even notice it after the first day. But, again, I can't speak from experience about the superstructure issue.

One thing I love about the aft view -- you really have a broad, expansive view of the ocean. You can watch the wake and at night, when the moon is shining on the water, well . . . let me just say you'll be glad the kids have their own room!

Enjoy!

If I get a faster check-in, I also have another room across the hall for my girls, will I be able to check them in in the same line as us or no?

I really don't think you'll have a problem with this at all... If you were traveling with a group of 5 cabins of friends and wanted to bring them through with you, that would be different, but it's your kids... of course they need to check in with you.

We just sailed with my parents a couple of weeks ago and they did go through priority check in with us (we're platinum, they're not)... my stepmom specifically asked if it was ok... they asked if we were traveling together and then said "no problem"....

Okay, so are you saying the the jr sute aft balcony has a superstructure blocking the balcony view? I was not aware of the. We are smack in the middle of the back. Has anyone stayed in #7694? Is the balcony blocked?

We have the same cabin booked on EOS for Thanksgiving. I'd much rather have an AFT JS on deck 10, but none are available. We just lucked out in getting this one. When I 1st starting looking at this cruise, there was no JS showing as being available. By the time I decided to book a couple weeks ago, I was able to get this one. There's no more available. We love AFT cabins on Celebrity, & really wanted to be AFT. I was disappointed & surprised, when I 1st learned about the obstructions. I don't know what they were thinking, when they designed the ships that way. I'm hoping we won't be able to notice it that much, because we love having a large balcony & get plenty of use out of it. :D

ETA: When is your cruise? If you go before us, please post a review on the cabin when you return. :)

I have seen this question before and you cannot check in the girls in a suite line if they are not in a suite. You would be better off to go to the regular line for all of you so you do not have to be in line twice. I don't know where your sailing from but if its prt canaveral the lines are not long anyways :)

You can check you girls in in the same line you use. That should not be a problem. It has been done for us often.

But since I changed my room just the other day, I will not get luggage tags, they told me I can get them on the pier, will my luggage tag be generic then, or will it say suite on it, and I can still check it on the suite line?

We have had no trouble at all checking in at the Suite line when we had a JS. Our luggge tags had the red "Suite" designation on them. I don't know why there would be a problem checking in that line with the suite luggage tag :D

As for kids--they always check in with the parents--they HAVE to if they are underage! All parties on the same reservation must present themselves at the same time to board, according to the RCI info.

But since I changed my room just the other day, I will not get luggage tags, they told me I can get them on the pier, will my luggage tag be generic then, or will it say suite on it, and I can still check it on the suite line?

your luggage is checked in with the porter as soon as u get of your vehicle, so the luggage tags will have nothing to do with u checking in, as u go in the building to check-in and your luggage is no longer with u.

And yes, you'll get "generic" luggage tags since u changed after docs were sent. You'll get them from porter.

your luggage is checked in with the porter as soon as u get of your vehicle, so the luggage tags will have nothing to do with u checking in, as u go in the building to check-in and your luggage is no longer with u.

And yes, you'll get "generic" luggage tags since u changed after docs were sent. You'll get them from porter.

Since RCI gives 3 tags per person we always put one on our carry on which stays with us--therefore having it visible when checking in :D

Since you'll have the "generic" tags yours won't have "Suite" printed on them.

Archived